Forums Latest Members
  1. twitches Jan 1, 2017

Hello everyone,
    I would like to learn any information possible about this watch. It was passed down in the family, and the only markings I can find on it are "18k" and "Q750". It has diamonds, gold, and I believe sapphire stones (not too sure) on it. Did some research online couldn't find anything about it. Sorry for the bad pictures. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

thumbnail_IMG_1769.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1775.jpg
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 1, 2017

Probably a quartz movement in a non-Omega case and band set.

Whether it's an Omega quartz movement is anyone's guess. Pictures will tell.
    gatorcpa

3. GuiltyBoomerang Jan 1, 2017

The 18k/0.750 mark on the back indicate, at the very least, that the case is not from Omega.

4. François Pépin Jan 1, 2017

It may not be a Q but a 0,.
    The hands look like the one you can find on 625 or 620 caliber. So it may be a mechanical movement - assuming it is an Omega one.

It does not change the fact that it is not an Omega case. S far as I can tell it does not look like white gold. If I am true, it is a fake case - or an Omega case with a fake mark.

5. twitches Jan 1, 2017

Thanks for your help, I do agree that it is not an omega case. I believe it is a custom piece or such, but the gold, diamonds, and sapphire are real.

6. François Pépin Jan 1, 2017

It could be of course. From the pics I really have doubts, but you have the real watch and know its history. Maybe white gold plated with rhodium.
    Did you have the case tested? Are there other hallmarks on the band?

I had a watch with a similar case back and band. It embodied a 620 caliber. But it was gold plated and the back was stainless steal.

7. mac_omega Jan 2, 2017

@twitches : the "Q750" you mention is to be read as 0,750 which is the halmark for gold content - has nothing to do with a Quartz watch.

I advise you to have the watch opened by a watchmaker to see what you can find in the "interior" -maybe there is some surprise?

Take good pictures while it is open (movement, inner side of case back) and come back again

8. twitches Jan 2, 2017

Haven't had the case tested, it belongs to my mother as of now was passed down by her aunt who apparently bought it from a member of the royal family in Saudi. So it would make sense if this is a customized piece or such, very interesting nevertheless. Thanks again!

9. twitches Jan 2, 2017

I will try to do do, it was passed down to my mother so hopefully she will allow me to get it opened and find out more about this great piece, thank you for your help.