Forums Latest Members
  1. TiborNagy Jul 13, 2018

Hello,
    I came across two watches recently but I cannot seem to pinpoint the particular model for either of them and I suspect that one of them has a unauthentic movement and the other might have a wrong dial.
    I have not purchased either of them yet and I was hoping to get some opinions on this matter.

The first three photos are from the one for which I cannot identify the movement, it is a 17 jewel manual movement with a sub second and has ALSTATER WATCH Co written on it and OMEGA underneath that.

The other photos are from the second watch which has a 17 jewel 285 manual movement, which is consistent with what the seller is saying about the time period of the watch (1960's). It doesn't have it's original crown and I am unsure about the dial with the roman numerals, I couldn't seem to find one like that except with an automatic movement.

Any ideas or suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

watch1calibre1.jpg watch1dial1.jpg watch1dial2.jpg watch2calibre1.jpg watch2casebacki1.jpg watch2crown1.jpg watch2dial1.jpg
  2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jul 13, 2018

Hi Tibor,
    Are you the Artist from St Louis? If so, we know each other and I can be of some help.

The second watch is in poor condition and I'm not sure where to begin on the first!

We are a collector's forum and neither would garner any interest at all.

Please hold off purchasing until we talk! I'm in NY on vacation, but when I get back to Innsbrook, you and Jan must pop by and talk watches!

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 13, 2018

First watch is completely fake.

LSU19 likes this.
  4. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 13, 2018

Yep. As the man says above. Total fake followed by redial.

LSU19 likes this.