Forums Latest Members
  1. mgennone May 7, 2015

Hi...anyone familiar with this Spring Chronograph and if it might be authentic?

Cheers,
    Matt

Sprint.jpg
  2. Canuck May 7, 2015

I read that dial as Sprint, not Spring. Mikrolisk says the Sprint name was owned by Leon Breitling. Is it genuine? I suspect that only some (if any) of the watch was actually produced by Breitling. I would suggest that it is not a wannabe watch with the sprint name placed on the dial. I suspect it did originate under the auspices of Breitling. So it is probably genuine in that regard. Could be the Sprint name was a companion line to Breitling. Opinions?

3. mgennone May 7, 2015

Sorry I meant to write Sprint! It was on an auction today. I did put in a big but was outbid...in fact it was the only watch that went over its asking price. So I suppose some people felt there was something to it. Although I cannot seem to find much history and/or a watch by Sprint/Breitling that looks like this one. Appreciate the input.

4. redpcar May 7, 2015

I would want to see more than just the front. What's up with those pushers? Or shall I say 2 crowns stuck where the pushers should be....

5. philo May 8, 2015

6. mgennone May 8, 2015

There were some cool looking watches on that auction but none seemed original. I would be willing to pay $300 for a cool looking watch that is not original but not any more then that.