Forums Latest Members

Help identifying possible late 1930s Omega with tuxedo dial

1. vaktlan Feb 24, 2016

Hi,
    I was given this watch about 15 years ago by a friend of the family and it has just sat in a drawer since then. I have searched through the forum and spent some hours googling but has failed to find a watch with a similar case. I don't know much about clocks and would like to know if the model has a name and some more information of what it is? Is the date on the back from when the clock was new or just a date? It has obviously seen some wear and is quite dirty. One of the dial hands is worn as well but has the same blueish tint as the other ones. The person who gave it to me has passed away so no more information on that end, but it had belonged to his father.

Would it be possible to get it to work again? The crown has stopped. Any recommendations on good service in Sweden? I like the patina but would maybe like a new glass, a good clean of the work and a new strap. And by the way, what strap would be like the original? This strap is obviously wrong in all senses. The crown is unmarked.

Sorry if I got the lingo wrong, I really don't know much about this area but are now happy I have this vintage Omega and would like to use it. I would really like some help and information about what I have.

Thanks!
    IMG_3115.JPG IMG_3119.JPG IMG_3117.jpg IMG_3116.JPG