help identifying my grandad's seasmaster

Can anyone here please help me identify this vintage seasmaster which my grandad owned since purchase? Does the dial's missing "made in Switzerland" mean its a 1940s date? Also, is the stretch bracelet original to omega? Thank you

It’s from the 60s-70s and the missing Swiss text and over bold main text suggests it’s been redialled.

Hi,
Yor grandfather's watch has had the dial refinished at some time in the past. Also that is not an Omega bracelet. The crown was replaced
As well.
It's likely a 60s watch. Open the back and find the reference number and serial number on the movement.. then you can do searches to find the details. You might want to take it to a watchmaker for opening.

Open the back and find the reference number and serial number on the movement.. then you can do searches to find the details. You might want to take it to a watchmaker for opening.

Based on a glance at the poor(ish) photos, I suspect that your watch is a 'front loader' and that the case is a monocoque - that is to say a one piece case.

If I’m right a watchmaker would need to remove the crown and stem, the crystal, the hands and dial before being able to remove the movement for you or the watchmaker to take photos of the movement and serial numbers (and service the watch).

Not a big job for a watchmaker but probably not one that you want to attempt.

Hi,
Yor grandfather's watch has had the dial refinished at some time in the past. Also that is not an Omega bracelet. The crown was replaced
As well.
It's likely a 60s watch. Open the back and find the reference number and serial number on the movement.. then you can do searches to find the details. You might want to take it to a watchmaker for opening.
thanks!

I don't currently have possession of the watch, just these pics. Assume its a manual?

I'm almost %100 sure it is automatic, given the case style.

I'm almost %100 sure it is automatic, given the case style.
Thanks for your inpit. I'm curious as to your rationael as based on my research and other opinons here it near certianly seems to be a monocoque front loading Seamaster which means it has to be either a 1960,1961, or 1962 Pre Deville. While its certainly possible that the "automatic" print was removed from the dial during a re-dial it seems unlikely to me. Can you point to anything related to the casing that you think signifies its an automatic? Appreciate your help

......................... Can you point to anything related to the casing that you think signifies its an automatic? Appreciate your help

The shape of the "caseback", slightly dished to allow clearance for the centre of the rotor.
A manual wind would generally have a flatter caseback.

The missing "Automatic"?
Ask Occam.

The shape of the "caseback", slightly dished to allow clearance for the centre of the rotor.
A manual wind would generally have a flatter caseback.

The missing "Automatic"?
Ask Occam.
That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Until you get the movement removed and check the case number and serial I don’t think you can assume anything. SMDVs were made until the 70s so your assumption it’s early 60s is shaky at best and based on redialled text. Other models may have used that case design too.

I'm not able to find "Occam" in the member list. Is there a full name you could please share?
My apologies for being a bit obscure. As mentioned above the simplest explanation is usually correct.