Forums Latest Members
  1. Nilevalley Jul 24, 2015

Dear all,

after having spent hours on the web trying to figure out the particular model of this watch (since it keeps excellent time I did not want to open it without cause) i figured I would ask for your help. I could not identify this model which should be from the early 60s or maybe late 50s with the help of any of the catalogues or auction sites I could find. Does anyone have a clue? It is a very small watch (photographed on a slender woman's wrist) and seemed to me very similar to some of the ladymatic models from that time.

Thanks in advance,

Nilevalley

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Nilevalley Jul 28, 2015

No idea?

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 28, 2015

Do you have a photo of the back, movement or inside case back? That would help immensely.

4. Nilevalley Jul 28, 2015

The back is just blank, there is nothing there. There is the usual really small squirrel on the side of the case though. I did not want to open the watch as I do not have any experience with that and really enjoy how good it keeps time...

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 28, 2015

That means solid 14K gold. You'll find out for sure if you can get a watchmaker to open it up for you.

It looks to be a manual wind watch for sure. Probably a cal. 48X from mid 1950's. I doubt it has a model name, just one of hundreds of styles of ladies watches made every year by Omega at that time.

Exceptional condition from the pictures.
    gatorcpa

6. redpcar Jul 28, 2015

I'm sorry. Did you say "squirrel"??

7. wsfarrell Jul 29, 2015

I think he meant "charmander."

8. Nilevalley Jul 29, 2015

Thank you so much gatorpca! I just had a look at the watches with 48x cal. that are listed in the vintage database and found one that does seem at least similar so def. on the right track :) It is a manual wind for sure (sorry I forgot to mention that). I am attaching a screen shot of the search result, it is an 18 ct watch though...
    Regarding the mark, I really do think it is a squirrel and after a bit of research this does seem to be a hallmark for swiss made 14 ct watches just as gatorpca suggested. I am attaching a picture of the mark for you to see and tell me whether my assumption is correct or not.
    Thank you all for taking the time to look at this, this forum is great source of information!!

image.jpg image.jpg
  9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 29, 2015

A squirrel for sure.

The squirrel is official mascot of the forum. Do a search up at the top of the page for the word, and you'll see.

You are an excellent macro photographer. Few few people here (including me) could capture that level of detail.

What's your secret?
    gatorcpa

10. redpcar Jul 29, 2015

Where is the squirrel on this forum when you need him?
    SQUIRREL!
    Jeeez, I lobbed one over the plate for him. Opportunity lost. :(