Help Identifying model / authenticity

Hello all, I am a new watch collector but longtime lover. I've been an Omega admirer for as long as I can remember and was psyched today when I got the chance to get a vintage one for a great price. This watch in question is not currently running, the guy who sold it said likely just needs a new battery. This doesn't really matter to me because I'd pay whatever is necessary to fix it. The authenticity of the watch is something however that I can't help but question. I paid $100 for this and am not sure if it is because it is a fake, not working, or a not working fake - lol. Needless to say, I did some poking around for vintage omega's and got a little disconcerted when I haven't really been able to dig anything up. As you can see in the pictures, the only words on the face are "Omega" and "Quartz". In my limited research I wasn't able to find a specific model that would match, so I figured I'd ask the experts. It won't hurt my feelings if it is indeed not genuine, I will take it on the chin as a learning lesson, but at the off chance it was real, couldn't let it slip away for such a deal. The back is engraved to someone named Anthony for having perfect attendance in 1980, which I thought helped the authenticity in my mind (who's going to engrave a fake) but now I don't even know if it's the real back. Listing said 10k gold omega vintage watch 1980, not sure if the year is due to the inscription or an educated guess - but would love to know more. Thanks for all the help. I'm not able to see inside the watch until after it is shipped here, hopefully in the next few days.

A clear in focus picture of the dial would help

Looks fake but kinda hard to tell

A clear in focus picture of the dial would help

Looks fake but kinda hard to tell
yeah this is all I have unfortunately. dang. oh well.

Further inspection on the more clear photo shows me it does say swiss made at the bottom, just hard to tell.

Looks fine to me.
An American cased Omega (Star Watch Case Company?).

If it's not working there's a risk the battery has gone flat and leaked so there may be damage from electrolyte.
Best get it to a watchmaker if you don't know how to do a battery change yourself.

Looks fine to me.
An American cased Omega (Star Watch Case Company?).

If it's not working there's a risk the battery has gone flat and leaked so there may be damage from electrolyte.
Best get it to a watchmaker if you don't know how to do a battery change yourself.
I appreciate your comment reaching out. Are you able to tell it is an American cased watch based on the features or year, or what characteristics - I will try and do some research of my own as well. Thanks.

Who would give a fake watch for "Perfect attendance" ?

Who would give a fake watch for "Perfect attendance" ?
Truly why my hunch is that it is indeed authentic. Perhaps given as a company gift or raffle for people with perfect attendance in 1980.

Truly why my hunch is that it is indeed authentic. Perhaps given as a company gift or raffle for people with perfect attendance in 1980.
I thought that too, but there's a couple of odd things about it. There is no pusher in the centre of the crown to adjust the seconds and minutes but I cannot see the pusher at 2 o'clock found on the mid-late '70s movements to do that job. And for something that would have to have the battery replaced every 1-2 years the back has very little damage.

The dial does look good to me though. It will be interesting to find out what is inside it. Price around 1980 would have been over 300USD based on my gold-plated Omega quartz I bought in 1982, more if the main case really is gold. Rather interesting piece, please keep us updated.

I don't really see a good reason to suspect that it's fake based on what I've seen so far.