Forums Latest Members
  1. ryan2020 Feb 12, 2020

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. My grandpa recently passed and left me his 1960s Omega Seamaster. I've searched around for pictures of different Seamasters from this period and have not been able to find this exact dial. All I know is the watch is gold-filled, recently serviced, and was purchased sometime in the 1960s in the UK. I would greatly appreciate any insight into the year, reference number, value, etc. Thanks for your help, and I look forward to reading your replies.

IMG_3775.jpg IMG_3777.jpg
  2. ryan2020 Feb 12, 2020

Thanks for the info. It's possible my grandpa picked it up from a random watch store, not an official Omega dealer. How badly does this affect the value of the watch? I have no plan on selling it, it's just a good thing to know.

3. Dan S Feb 12, 2020

Watch dials were often repainted in the past, it's quite common. With the refinished dial, the value will be mainly sentimental.

ryan2020 likes this.
  4. vicsdca Feb 12, 2020

Just to clarify, "bad redial" just means not resembling the original dial. The good thing is that it is one of a kind and more importantly it was your grand-father's watch. If it was my grandpa's watch, I would be proud to wear it.

ConElPueblo, ryan2020 and DaveK like this.
  5. Dan S Feb 12, 2020

Since stainless steel appears to be visible on the underside of the lugs, I think the case may be gold-capped, which is better than gold-filled. The reference number will be inside the case, and the serial number on the movement will allow you to research the approximate production date.

ryan2020 likes this.