Forums Latest Members
  1. vcode May 29, 2015

I hope you can help me. My wife received this watch from a family member. I am no expert in Swiss watches (I wear an Accutron), can someone help me identify what this is and give an approximate value.... or where to look.

The only Omega markings are Ω on the crown and on the clasp. It does not say Swiss Made that I can see. The numbers k594 appear on the back in VERY small letters (I could be reading them incorrectly).
    Any info is appreciated.

It runs and keeps time.

Thank you!

IMG_2840.jpg IMG_2841.jpg
  2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog May 29, 2015

It could well be a US cased example form the 70s, however in order to identify and authenticate it, you will need to open the back and photograph the inner case back and movement.

3. vcode May 29, 2015

Thanks for the reply. Here are some inside shots.

SAM_0764.JPG SAM_0763.JPG
  4. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog May 29, 2015

I was wrong, it's a British cased example from 1974. Produced during the Swiss watch crisis, the watch is a gold plated facsimile of some of the solid gold jewellery pieces Omega used to make. 20 microns is not at all thick in comparison to what Omega used to apply. The hand wind calibre 1070 was produced from 1974 and the serial number dates production to that year.

Women's watches do not really hold their value because there are few women collectors, and so because the watch is only plated its value would mainly be sentimental.

Cheers

Desmond

5. vcode May 29, 2015

Thank you for your time and info, Desmond.