Forums Latest Members

Help identifying an old Longines

1. rhedelius May 2, 2012

I just introduced myself on the Omega forum and need to do the same here. My name is Rick and I currently live in sunny AZ (USA). I have always loved watches and have recently gotten back in the game after some time away. I currently have a Longines I need help with.

The watch was given to me a while back and I don't really remember much about it. I'm thinking it may be from the 70's or 80's but don't really have a clue so I'm hoping some of you can help me identify it and what it might be worth.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    -Rick
    Longines1_sm.jpg Longines2_sm.jpg Longines3_sm.jpg
    Longines4_sm.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 2, 2012

Early to mid 1970s, probably a caliber 528 or 370, both 17-jewels, I've seen this style with both movements.

Unfortunately not a popular style, I think the last one I had with a four diamond dial in WGF and a fresh service only brought about $250.00.

3. rhedelius May 2, 2012

Thank you for the info. At least now I know what I have and can go from there. Might try to clean it up a bit and see how well she keeps the time but ultimately it may have to make room for something more in line with the styles I like.

Rick