Forums Latest Members
  1. Ekestrom Apr 16, 2015

Hello!
    I just got this gold Omega Ladymatic from my grandmother, who got it from her mother 1999.
    I have no idea what year this watch was bought, maybe one of you professionals could help me with this if you recognize this watch?
    This watch is not working atm, and and in my hometown it is not able to fix it! is it possible to repair it?
    I am not sure about the quality of the gold, because of the color, I am guessing 18-24K.

What I would like to know is: the year, model, price.

Thank you in advance!
    /Alexander

FullSizeRender2.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg
  2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 16, 2015

Thanks for joining and posting your watch acquisition and the photos. We would need more photographs in order to better evaluate your Ladymatic. If the case back can be removed without damage then a photo featuring both the inside of the case back and the movement would be helpful.

It most likely could be repaired unless the movement is completely worn out. I just had one serviced for my wife.

There are a number of different women's Omega models within the Ladymatic line with models featuring stainless steel cases, gold-plated cases, and solid gold cases. My wife has two. One is a stainless steel model and one is an 18kt gold model. Neither has a date feature.

3. Ekestrom Apr 19, 2015

Thank you very much for your answer! I will post some photos tomorrow!
    The gold value is about 900$ so I know it is real gold, but that is the only thing I know!

4. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 19, 2015

Tied up today but will try to revisit this thread and stick up a photo or two of the Ladymatic models my wife has.

5. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 21, 2015

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As promised, a few photos.

I thought the stainless steel model featured the Ladymatic script on it but it doesn't. It was recently serviced but awaits a replacement second hand. Its dial photographs far more poorly than it appears in real life. The imperfections are scarcely noticeable when viewed in person however it looks stained and spotted when photographed.

The 18kt gold Ladymatic dates to 1961. My wife doesn't care for the current larger womens models. She considers this stainless steel Omega to be as large as she wants and likes the older dainty gold models.

I would enjoy knowing more about the various Laydmatic models produced but there's not a lot of interest in most of them nor great value as their small size is too dated for most current tastes.