Forums Latest Members

HELP IDENTIFY THIS LONGINES WATCH

1. ansolo Aug 9, 2021

I have searched everywhere and I really really cannot find anything about this watch. I originally wanted to get it but after finding 0 references on the internet I'm now skeptical whether it's real or not. Please help me identify this Longines Flagship watch!

01.jpeg

03.jpeg

2. tyrantlizardrex Aug 9, 2021

If you've searched everywhere and not found anything about what appears to be a 1980s Longines gold plated ladies quartz watch, I have to ask, where do you expect us to provide answers from? ::confused2::

The internet does not contain lots of information about every watch ever made. And unless a model is popular it might contain no information at all.

A very quick google image search using the terms "1980s Longines Gold Plated Ladies Quartz Watch" throws up some close matches for design elements... the fonts and logo match other models, the case back engravings match other models... and sometimes in the game of internet watch detective, that's as close as you can get.

Before buying it, it would be sensible to see what is inside - if it contains a quartz movement that wasn't made in Switzerland, then it's probably not legit.

Beyond that, if you like it, buy it.

jaguar11 likes this.
  3. ansolo Aug 9, 2021

Thanks for the very long, not to mention, passive aggressive answer that could have been summarized as "I think it appears to be a 1980s Longines Ladies Quartz Watch. You might have to open it up to verify if it really has a quartz movement from Switzerland" :) I was looking for any info that people might know about the watch since I myself, admittedly, am not very knowledgeable about Longines watches (or watches in general). But nevertheless, thanks for your response!

4. tyrantlizardrex Aug 9, 2021

Oh that wasn’t passive aggressive, that was genuine shock that on finding no information having searched everywhere that you thought you might find some information here.

Because that suggests that here is outside of everywhere.

Heavy.

5. Radiumpassion Aug 9, 2021

Caps lock writing is known to cause a little passive agression;)

I think the Longines i question is real, but not very attractive from a collectors point of view.

6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 27, 2021

@ansolo welcome to the forum, if you are a lady as I am one too I will apologize for the sometimes rowdy guy atmosphere here.
    Don’t mind it too much,
    If you would like us to help you buy a nice ladies watch which is good quality and affordable by all means give us a shout and many people will be happy to help.
    PS and if you’re a guy looking to make a present we’ll be happy to help too.

Melanieds and DaveK like this.
  7. Dan S Aug 27, 2021

It is probably real, but an entry-level piece and not from the era desirable to collectors. So it's just not the type of watch that will get a lot of attention online. I would only consider buying it at a very low fashion-watch price. With a bit of hunting, you will find watches of similar quality at a thrift store.