Forums Latest Members

Help. Google Play Store App - Android Device

1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 8, 2021

I had an app (OBDEleven) from the Play store on my Android Lenovo tablet but it got into an update loop so I quit the app, went to Settings/Apps and uninstalled the app.

I re-booted my tablet and went to the play store and searched for the app but it wouldn't show, only offering similar apps.

I checked my list of installed apps on the tablet and the App was gone.

I opened Play Store on my Macbook and checked "My Apps" list and it was gone.

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 15.15.04.png

When I search Play Store on my Mac for OBDEleven, it comes up along with many similar apps.

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 15.15.35.png

But notice the little green "installed" icon.

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 15.20.01.png

So, any Android gurus know how I can resolve this issue without having to create another Google Account (the only solution I can think of).

2. vitriol Jan 9, 2021

Edited Jan 9, 2021
    JimInOz likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 9, 2021

Many thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately it looks like the apk crashes on my tablet.

I suspect I'm a victim of rapidly evolving technology/updates/versions/hardware, so rather than keep assaulting my tablet, I may upgrade to modern equipment.

4. apsm100 applysome! Jan 9, 2021

Get an iOS device. ;)

5. alam Jan 9, 2021

ugh? are there any devices other than iOS? :)

apsm100 and Dor_42 like this.
  6. vitriol Jan 9, 2021

Makes sense. Google Playstore does not display the apps which can not be installed on the particular device, either because of the device spec (like for example too low sceen resolution or RAM) or because of no longer supported Android version.

connieseamaster, apsm100 and JimInOz like this.
  7. amfalconer Jan 9, 2021

Vitriol is correct, for some reason it doesn't show apps which can be installed, for instance it shows on my galaxy phone.

You should be able to sideload the obd11 app, just search it on apkmirror or similar.

8. Evitzee Jan 9, 2021

I don't have any Apple products but I do own Apple stock, so please, get an iOS device as it will help me financially.

Wryfox and apsm100 like this.
  9. jsducote Jan 11, 2021

Two places to check: I suspect the first is that you went to the settings > apps and didn't see it there. What about the apps screen button (button is 3x3 grid of dots) and then use the search bar at the top? If you don't have an apps screen button on your home screen, go to settings > home screen and enable it.

Even though the play store appears to show it installed, you can tap on it again and try to install. If you have multiple android devices on this account it may give you the option to install to another one (including this tablet). If visiting the play store on your tablet it should allow you to open the app from there.

10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 13, 2021

First, thanks to all who responded with suggestions.

Well after some great assistance from a forum member who works for Google, it's still a problem, and one that I no longer wish to waste other people's time with (and It'll also save me from becoming a bit violent toward my tablet).

So if there are any Android gurus with VAG (VW, Audi, Seat etc) vehicles who would like a Version 1 OBDEleven dongle to tinker with just PM me.

11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 13, 2021

Just a thought, but what about picking up a used phone from the local Craigslist, etc. that is still running an older version of the OS, and using that for this app? I would assume you only need a wifi connection, and not an active mobile connection.