Forums Latest Members

Watch Check app (Android): tried to use for Omega Tokyo...

1. Dualmonitors Jan 27, 2020

i've tried to use the Watch Check app (Android) and despite reading their website's so-called manual, i can't figure out how to do any measurements!

it can't be that difficult.

may i please ask if anyone has a better app for basic measurements to see how accurate our watches are please?

i am trying to measure how off my brand new Omega Tokyo 2020 Speedmaster is.

Thank you in advance.

2. redpcar Jan 27, 2020

I just use the PC clock and a piece of paper. Jot down the delta, wait a couple of days and viola?

PandaSPUR likes this.
  3. Dualmonitors Jan 29, 2020

couldn't figure out how to use the WatchCheck app (Android). i just downloaded the Atomic Clock & Watch Accuracy Took (with NTP Time), but it is extremely rudimentary: i had to type in what time the watch is currently, and it would record how far it is from some very accurate source clock. it then said: keep adding new measurements several hours later and with enough measurements, you'll have the data to tell how far off your watch is.

there must be a better app that measures a watch's accuracy out there!

Slowpoker likes this.
  4. PandaSPUR Jan 30, 2020

What is so hard about looking at the time on time.gov and then looking at your watch?

To do this automatically with an app, someone would have to create image recognition algorithms to read a watch dial and its hands. Not simple, and probably not worth anyone's effort.

5. time flies Jan 30, 2020

I use watch check/android daily. I like it. I am led to believe it (watch check) is no longer supported by its author and may not play well with all the other kids. Just saying.

have fun
    kfw

6. time flies Jan 30, 2020

Screenshot_20200130-125042_Chrome.jpg
    have fun
    kfw

7. dx009 Jan 30, 2020

You can use Tickoprint (hope I spelled it right) if you want to check the time accuracy of your watch.

Although it might not work very well with the case back on. I guess it depends how loud the movement is. You'll need a microphone. (earphone microphone works)

8. Dualmonitors Jan 31, 2020

finally figured it out.

thank you @time flies for pointing out potential serious issues with the Watch Check app. like all apps, one must be vigilant about which ones are suspicious and may cause issues. nowadays, with so many versions of apps out due to new Android updates, an antiquated, non-up-to-date app may have holes that bad actors may exploit.

i uninstalled Watch Check as it is not being updated regularly, as per your post.

i'm using the atomic clock...blah blah blah. very long name.

here's the results of my first couple of days' testing. quite good!

Atomic Watch App - Omega Tokyo 2020 - Graph  20200131.png Atomic Watch App - Omega Tokyo 2020 CSV  202001131.JPG
    time flies likes this.
  9. Dualmonitors Feb 1, 2020

i find it odd that i was able to repeatedly press at exactly the same time multiple times one after another.

as per the list below, you see that i was able to do it 5 or more times in a row! that seems suspicious to me. surely, i don't have such incredible dexterity that i am able to repeat this feat again and again for 5 or more times!

i'm wondering if this watch accuracy test app is correct or not? can't figure it out.

Watch Accuracy App CSV Screenshot  20200201.JPG