Forums Latest Members
  1. bubba48 Mar 20, 2018

Some years ago I bought this watch as spare parts thinking that the dial was refinished. A few days ago I saw this watch on sale and ..... the dial looks essentially the same.
    Now the question is, are they both reprinted or perhaps original?

omega 0000 (3).jpg

omega 0000 (7).jpg

Clipboard (89).jpg

At that time I analyzed the alignments

omega 0000 (6bis).jpg

2. isaacg Mar 20, 2018

I'm a newbie trying to learn, so this is not an expert's opinion by any means. The dial on the first (with the dauphine? hands) appears to be a redial to me because the sub seconds dial seems to be way off center from the 30 minute marker. The second (with the tapered? hands) also appears to be a redial because the sub dial is way too close to the minute track and the omega logo and name appear off center from the 12. Also, the logo and name on both suggest a redial. My inclination would be to say that both are redials likely performed by the same person. Again, I am new so you will likely want to wait for the experts.

felsby likes this.
  3. bubba48 Mar 21, 2018

Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, my opinion is the same, anyway one is from Germany and the other from the States. It's a long trip :)

Any other opinion?

4. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Mar 21, 2018

My 1946-47 Omega before the necessary redial. Maybe you can use it as reference.
    [​IMG]

5. mario linus Mar 21, 2018

I'm sorry, but it makes me think of a redial from Eastern Europe

6. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Mar 21, 2018

Also, the tapered 1st hand on your watch seem way too long.

7. bubba48 Mar 21, 2018

Thanks to all.
    As I said, I bought the watch as spare parts and I was sure that the dial was refinished. The doubt arose when I saw the second dial that looks almost the same.

8. Kwijibo Mar 21, 2018

is that the angle that make the sub dial a little off centered? it may be your pinion that is a little bent. More generally for the colour, it's a 70 year old dial so not abnormal.