Forums Latest Members
  1. dshepherd7 Mar 30, 2017

Hey everyone,

I'm sure these posts get annoying so I appreciate anyone who can help. I recently got this vintage omega as a gift. From what i've read, there are obviously a lot of fakes, and "franken watches" that are mashed together from other old pieces. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out if the watch is authentic, and if so, does anyone have an idea what model it is. I tried to take pretty comprehensive pictures, After doing a bit of googling, I saw pictures of what seemed to be the same watch, with the same case and movement number listed on an auction site from some time ago.

The Case number is: 269229
    The Movement number is: 35894575

There is another number on the inside of the case that reads "J6344" I don't know if this is a possible model number, or an indicator that something is off. Second what I think is the case number "269229" has 9 for the third digit and using this (http://www.old-omegas.com/omrefcod.html) that doesn't mean anything. Using this
    (http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-spot-Fake-and-Frankestein-Omega-/10000000177399639/g.htmlPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network) I've somewhat sorted that if legit, the watch would've been made in 1972, and what I believe is the movement type "710" was introduced in 66, so this would check out to my very untrained eye. That's about all I've got since I know nothing about any of this.

Anyways all of that to say, I tried doing some research, and came up with more questions than answers. All help is IMG_1347.JPG IMG_1348.JPG IMG_1349.JPG IMG_1341.JPG IMG_1342.JPG IMG_1352.JPG IMG_1353.JPG appreciated greatly.

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 31, 2017

Hello and welcome.
    The watch is genuine. It was American cased, the J showing the case was made by Jonel

3. M.C.B1974 Mar 31, 2017

Hi,
    Your watch looks authentic to me, it has the correct 710 caliber movement for the case reference, the dial is correct for these models.
    The case reference number is j6344. Yes you are correct, the watch would be from 72-73.
    The serial number that's on the case, the 9 doesn't represent anything. Hope this is of some help.:)

Edited Mar 31, 2017
  4. dshepherd7 Mar 31, 2017

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. The person who gave it to me just knew I was a fan of watches, and wasn't quite sure if it was genuine or not. I'll be sure to let them know it checks out.

5. dshepherd7 Mar 31, 2017

Greatly appreciated. I tried to deduce as much as I could, but as I said was mostly coming up with more questions. I'm glad I decided to come here for help.

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 31, 2017

It is the same watch from that auction site. The information there was correct and as @CanberraOmega said, genuine.