Forums Latest Members

Help create my "affidavit of destruction" (Fake Omega)

1. WYO_Watch Mar 6, 2017

Hello OF,

I am looking for some ways (preferably cheap) to destroy a fake Omega Watch to fill out my "affidavit of destruction."

Background: I am still quite green - and as a consequence have purchased some real dung. Like a fat comedian makes fun of his weight, I will poke fun at my newbness. At around midnight in a NYC hotel room I was scrolling through some Omegas on the bay as I found myself up still trying to adjust to the time zone change. I found a dirt cheap Seamaster Planet Ocean and thought "wow this is too good to be true." I quickly opened a google page and searched for some other examples to compare the watch to. I got all giddy on the inside and as a consequence didn't do the best comparison of the watches (in Wyoming we call this "buck fever"). In fact, one of the watches I was using to compare the fake watch to was actually a photo of a replica watch... unfortunately I didn't realize until the morning, well after I got this steal of a deal! Fast forward a week, I have a quartz movement piece of garbage that was shipped hidden in a box of work gloves... Luckily the seller was a moron and admitted it was fake over eBay messages (lesson to be learned - get them to say it's fake!). This allowed me to call eBay, who instead of having me ship this garbage back to the seller is sending me an affidavit I need to sign stating that I destroyed the watch.

I just want to hear some flavorful ways that I can destroy this watch. Maybe you can share some ways you have destroyed fakes in the past - or maybe you are so smart you've never bought a lemon but have a really cool idea on how to blow one up. I would prefer the carnage to not cost me much money but feel free to be creative. I plan on uploading the video to the forum as an homage to NEWBS everywhere.

Here is our fine example...
    image.jpg

semper_shells and Rodmar like this.
  2. Rodmar Mar 6, 2017

Nice band at least haha

Jwit, Syrte and WYO_Watch like this.
  3. sxl2004 Mar 6, 2017

But it says coaxial........
    I would suggest the hammer method, it probably requires a few cathartic hammer blows to the watch. May I also recommend filming it and sharing it/
    :):D
    ::facepalm1::

WYO_Watch and Rodmar like this.
  4. WYO_Watch Mar 6, 2017

That is definitely the plan - hence the more showy the better. Trying to hit at least 46 views on youtube with this baby haha. Hammers are a classic choice, thanks for the suggestion.

semper_shells and Jwit like this.
  5. dhagema Mar 6, 2017

I say go the 'Office Space' route-a sledgehammer and a couple of friends taking whacks at it...

akshayluc420 and sxl2004 like this.
  6. AnotherDon Mar 6, 2017

I'd take it to the pistol range and have at it with a full magazine of .45 acp or maybe my .38 Super at about 7 yards. Would be more fun for me than merely having at it with a hammer. ;)

noelekal, alohatime, U5512 and 6 others like this.
  7. Tritium Mar 6, 2017

Will it blend? :p

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 6, 2017

That is sick ... Right up there with the Hydraulic Press Channel.

Jwit likes this.
  9. Uniqez Mar 6, 2017

Drill it through right in the middle of the crystal.

lando and WYO_Watch like this.
  10. ConElPueblo Mar 6, 2017

Thermite + YouTube.

11. West Slope Mar 6, 2017

Slow painful death in a big vice.

12. Canuck Mar 6, 2017

You probably wouldn't have to look too far to find someone using a wood chipper. Be at the discharge end with a bucket, and catch the pieces. Or find someone pouring concrete. :D

13. kkt Mar 6, 2017

Wasn't @Archer looking for a donor watch to pressure test to destruction?

14. WYO_Watch Mar 6, 2017

It would be fitting to take it to the range based on my location. The only difficulty would be getting a decent video of it. Maybe set up a camera closer to the watch?

15. Uniqez Mar 6, 2017

Don't shoot the camera[emoji12]

Jwit likes this.
  16. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Mar 6, 2017

Given it has some 'moonwatch-heritage'; perhaps you could get someone with a model rocket to launch it into nowhere?

17. Stratlad Mar 6, 2017

Water jet cutter. (Always good for a laugh). Hydraulic press (watch on its side - amazing) or my personal favourite..... spin in up in a lathe and run a parting tool into it.

You could do all three suppose........;)

WYO_Watch likes this.
  18. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 6, 2017

To answer the question, can't you have a witness observe the destruction and sign to that effect?

19. Speedmasterfan88 Mar 6, 2017

Send it over to DemolitionRanch on YT and let him have a go at it with one of his .50 BMGs. You could also link the video to eBay as evidence :D.

WYO_Watch likes this.
  20. dplawiuk Mar 6, 2017

Volcano.

b-16707 likes this.