Forums Latest Members
  1. Skamath Apr 3, 2019

2. Davidt Apr 3, 2019

Welcome.

Can you please post pictures not just the link.

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. chipsotoole Apr 3, 2019

It appears to be authentic , however the case has spent some time getting ground to a polish..you can see grind marks on the lugs and on the back , so is isn't as sharp as it should be. The seller strangely didn't replace the perishing rubber gromit . The dial has to be a redial to be in that kind of condition. the classic 565 movement looks to be in a good state. I can't tell if the crown is original and the strap looks to be a cheap generic one that bulk sellers, rediallers and flippers use. It is an authentic Omega but with all the cosmetic work done on it ,not especially collectible. ..It depends what you're looks for. For most end users not into collecting it would be fine. Seamasters from this era are plentiful. 379 pounds , 22 bidders with 4 days to go suggests it will realise significantly more...I think even at this point it's significantly overpriced.

4. vintagemillenial Apr 3, 2019

It appears to be authentic, but as pointed out has had some work done and is overpriced.

5. aprax Apr 3, 2019

Sorry, but I don't think one can go far in watch collecting by applying this rule.
    In any case, I can't see anything wrong with the dial. The watch seems to be overpolished, that's all. (Even the gasket is there, it's stuck to the case back.)

Edward53 likes this.
  6. Edward53 Apr 3, 2019

The dial looks ok to me. This seller has always been upfront about declaring redials, and if he claims this one is original, I believe it. However, he is also notorious for selling highly-polished watches and his market is clearly the "Ooh, shiny!" brigade, among whom he has a sizeable following (942 when I looked just now). This watch is not one for a serious collector.

aprax, connieseamaster and JimInOz like this.
  7. Skamath Apr 3, 2019

Thanks to one and all for your invaluable comments