Forums Latest Members

HELP: Aqua Terra...Blue Dial or Orange on Black Dial?

1. Drewdog2323 May 19, 2016

Hello all! I'm looking to buy my third Omega and am deciding between 2 Aqua Terra Master Co-Axials in 41.5mm size as shown/attached.

I already own the Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial and Speedmaster 3750.50.

Which AT do you like better and why?

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    dalethorn, OMGRLX and GBTRIUMPH like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 19, 2016

Blue, its stunning and goes with everything!

3. Drewdog2323 May 19, 2016

Point well taken! The blue is very beautiful and sleek.

One lady I know says the blue and the other is leaning towards the black with the brown leather strap. I feel the blue will go with suits and casual wear and the black with orange accents is better with more casual attire?

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 19, 2016

Blue!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Willem023, OMGRLX and Drewdog2323 like this.
  5. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 19, 2016

the blue. it's just so amazingly beautiful. and you'll be able to go anywhere and do anything with that watch.
    the orange may not work for formal events...

ahartfie and Drewdog2323 like this.
  6. Willem023 May 19, 2016

Neither, I'd take this one, more balanced dial..... ::bleh:: (x-cuse the fingerprints)

Schermafbeelding 2016-05-19 om 11.32.07.png

so go for the blue! :thumbsup:

7. Mr Bing May 19, 2016

I can speak from experience here. About three months ago I was in the same position as you.

I looked at both watches obsessively, agonising over a decision. Ultimately I went for the blue and I've no regrets. It's a very versatile watch, looks great on bracelet and works equally well (if not better) on a strap.

You can match it up with light/dark brown, navy or black and all look fantastic.

You already have two black dial watches so mix it up and go with the blue.

Cheers
    Paul

8. LBH23 May 19, 2016

I will be the dissenter here. I HAD the blue Aqua Terra and I now have the black dial AT with the orange highlights and the brown strap. I have a rather large collection - and almost without fail, everyone comments on the black AT with orange and brown leather. The blue dial is beautiful, but I think many companies make a beautiful brown dial. The only watch similar to the AT is the older Milgauss with the orange hand, but that is heavy, outdated and the lightning bold is kind of weird. Either way you win - but the orange hand on the inky black dial with the brown leather is so unique. It is a great piece

9. watchthirst May 19, 2016

Black & orange all the way. Although the blue is still nice and classic, the black and orange is more modern, edgy, and badass, yet it still doesn't away any class from the watch.

10. GBTRIUMPH May 19, 2016

Blue is my bias. Blue is my favorite color. But the black with orange trim is gonna be less common.
    I'm a big help, huh? ;-)

IMG_2242.jpg
  11. italy1861 May 19, 2016

I love the way the blue looks on the wrist. Blue all the way :thumbsup:

OMGRLX likes this.
  12. ReturnOfUltraman May 19, 2016

Looks like OP has his answer.

OMGRLX likes this.
  13. Drewdog2323 May 19, 2016

Yeah! Blue now and maybe black/orange later? Lol

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 19, 2016

While the black orange is dead sexy. The blue while also great looking is going to be more versitile.

Your missing a dressier watch and the blue fits that niche a lot better IMHO.

Drewdog2323 likes this.
  15. Drewdog2323 May 19, 2016

Good point. The Seamaster 300 is already similar in the dial colors. And even though I wear that and my Speedmaster with my suits, the blue AT will fill that dress watch niche. Will the blue AT also look appropriate with a tuxedo?

16. Nactex May 19, 2016

Not to throw a wrench into things, but have you considered the white dial? Very classy looking.
    [​IMG]

OMGRLX likes this.
  17. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 19, 2016

Well watches that go with a tux opens a ball of worms. Some say no watch with a tux. Some say a black sub is perfect, while some think it's an abomination.

I think the blue dial on a black strap esp alligator works with a tux in a pinch. There is no way the orange accents would work though.

Personally I picked up an Orient Bambino for tux wear. Under $200 A hair on the large size for a formal watch but I'm 6'4 so it works.

OMGRLX likes this.
  18. ReturnOfUltraman May 19, 2016

When I had my Aqua Terra blue dial, I attended two weddings and I think it meshed perfectly fine together. Some say black and blue don't go, but I'm a firm believer that not everything has to match to a tee.

Edited May 19, 2016
    OMGRLX likes this.
  19. Drewdog2323 May 19, 2016

I would agree with that. I think those occasions definitely require a nice leather strap. Also for tuxedos I have both midnight blue and black - the Blue AT on a black or dark blue alligator strap would look nice with either.

OMGRLX likes this.
  20. dalethorn May 19, 2016

I'd take both because they're different and each has a good match between dial, case, and strap (if the strap matters). But whichever is most different from what you have already would probably be best.

OMGRLX and Drewdog2323 like this.