Help 105.003-63 Ed White

Hello

Today i have some questions for the vintage watch experts.
This is my 105.003-63 Ed White that i purchased a few months back at a local auction house.
After some resarche i determined it was a good purchase and that i will restore it and wear for a while then probably sell it.
Here are some pics

I started calculating how much it wuld cost me to buy the parts and i started wondering if there is a point. The parts are expensive, and what i need is:
- Bezel DON
- Original Crown
- Original hands
Also the chrono hour hand dont center so it neads a service ofc.
I have been looking for parts but have not been very succesfull. I have had least luck with the hands.

Can eny experts here tell me how much this wach is worth now vs assumed value with ok original parts?

Eny help here is highly appreciated

I have paid 7800usd
I have gotten the Extract from archives and all is good there
o6YCX1W.png
I have seen some a crown for 300usd, a decent bezel with some damage for 2000usd , no luck with hands but thats allredy over 2800usd after import tax. Then i was calculating around 800-1000usd for service. This makes me a bit hesitant about what to do.

This is my first post on this forum so, Welcome and Thank You.
Edited:

As you said, your watch has some costly issues.
If I were you and going to sell it, I wouldn't take the risk to restore it. It may cost you more at the end. And collectors like to do it their own way.
Sell it as it.
Edited:

As you said, your watch has some costly issues.
If I were you and going to sell it, I won't take the risk to restore it. It may cost you more at the end. And collectors like to do it their own way.
Sell it as it.
Eny thoughts on the value?

It's quite hard to put a value on a watch like this other than by doing the calculation that you already did, add up the costs required to make it right. I am seeing a lot of marks, but based on the poor photos, I can't tell which are on the dial and which are on the crystal. The case looks pretty good, but again, the photos aren't sufficient to really evaluate it.

It's quite hard to put a value on a watch like this other than by doing the calculation that you already did, add up the costs required to make it right. I am seeing a lot of marks, but based on the poor photos, I can't tell which are on the dial and which are on the crystal. The case looks pretty good, but again, the photos aren't sufficient to really evaluate it.
Can’t tell you more than Dan already said. better pictures are required.
Dont know if this helps much but i need day to take petter photos and its night. Will post some tomorrow.

Bracelet is also wrong for this year.
ye the bracelet is made to fit by filing the endlinks and the first link on each side .

Hey welcome. My humble opinion: dial and case look good, so do pushers and case back. Agreed with above comment, don't need to risk adding anything if you plan on selling the watch later which I think you paid good price for. Whatever you decide, good luck!

Hello again
Its been a long time, but i bought polywatch and im inlove with the results.
This is after one pass.

Nice watch anyway even though you have a big task in front of you, to get it
back to original conditions.
Let us start from the positive things.
1. The watch has an abstract of the archives.
2. the pushers are the "fat neck" type and are ok.
3. the dial looks nice
4. The crystal is original and can be easily polished
5. The price was acceptable

IMHO there are following things that are mandatory to do:
1. Complete movement service
2. DON insert, and find a nice one to a reasonable price is getting really hard
3. Hands are wrong, but apparently you already found the right one and they are easy to find anyways,
but you should find a restorer in order to match the color of the tritium on the dial.
4. A1 crown, not easy to find and prices are going up, furthermore you should be aware that they are 3 different types
of "flat feet" crown (for Railmaster, Seamaster and Speedmaster)
5. Unfortunately you didn't show the clasp of the band, but the 633 end links are definitively wrong,
and have been filed to fit the 19mm lugs.
If the band would be wrong, as it seems to be, I would recommend to use a vintage JB Champion mesh band instead.
In the meantime the pushers of this watch have been changed, being it service parts.

Note: Finding some # 6 and a correct band is even more difficult than finding a DON bezel and they asking ridiculous prices
for them.

If you would want to restore the watch to its highest level, following thing have to be considered:
1. The watch band is over polished and should be restored to its original specifications.
Note: You should look for a restorer that has an original unpolished case as a reference.
2. There is an ugly scratch on the caseback that should be removed.

You have a lot of work in front of you, but if needed I could tell you the restorer that would be able to do the work.

Have a nice day
Edited: