Forums Latest Members
  1. joeciuffo Jun 22, 2021

Hey everyone,

I’m new to the forum and on the hunt for my first Speedmaster. Love seeing all the stories, photos, and knowledge here! Hope to join in and share soon enough.

(My wife would appreciate if I just got the watch already. I’m sure she’s exhausted from hearing me talk about it.)

Nice to meet you!

Darlinboy, pdxleaf, UncleBuck and 3 others like this.
  2. Evitzee Jun 22, 2021

Welcome to the zoo. Condolences to your wife for losing part of her husband's attention.

myatt, Duracuir1, JwRosenthal and 2 others like this.
  3. JwRosenthal Jun 22, 2021

Welcome Joe! Keep an eye on the classifieds here, you need 200 posts to list or comment there, but you can PM any seller. This is probably the safest place to buy used watches on the web IMO as it’s mod and member vetted. We don’t let shady stuff happen here.

4. joeciuffo Jun 22, 2021

Thanks so much - and this is really encouraging to hear!!

5. JwRosenthal Jun 22, 2021

Unless you plan to buy new from an AD, it can be a total minefield- so the best advise is to read up on the history and changes of the Speedmaster, get to know the market and what good ones sell for, and figure out which generation appeals to you. There are no bad Speedmasters- there are just many shades of different.

joeciuffo likes this.
  6. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jun 22, 2021

Greetings Joe,
    We understand that the hunt and the research before purchase is a great part of ownership,even if your wife just doesn’t get it.

7. jambon Jun 23, 2021

welcome to OF
    this will probably get your wife som release so its a win win situation