Forums Latest Members
  1. fatwabbit Dec 20, 2017

Hey guys (and gals), this is Kevin. Am based in Brisbane Australia, and relatively new to the forum and the world of watches.

I should have started this thread first before starting the one on the Omega Redials. Apologies for jumping the gun.

I've had a fascination with watches for some time, but could never really afford anything lavish. My first watch that I bought myself was an old (then new) Seiko that I've handed down to my son as a daily beater. Since then I did get a Hamilton, and a few years ago I purchased an Omega De Ville Chronoscope that I wear on special occasions.

I spend my time playing ice hockey, and know plenty about hockey gear.... and wanting to put the same level of learning into watches as well.

Appreciate some that have already sent comments in the previous thread. I actually went on eBay about 3 weeks ago just to look at getting a beater watch, and since then have ended up purchasing 4 different watches. Once they get here I will update with pics.

77deluxe, noelekal, Edward53 and 3 others like this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 20, 2017

Welcome!

First in the words of a famous musician and dater of hot women and watch collector “watches are the last thing you need to read to learn about” paraphrased.

2nd avoid eBay when drinking or have not thoroughly researched the reference.

3rd Welcome! Let’s see your eBay loot!

4th I post when I’m breaking rule 2 and repeat myself!

3. Passover Dec 20, 2017

Welcome and regards from Germany to Australia...

I have to keep 2nd in mind for shure!

Also curious on your ebay purchases...

4. Paedipod Dec 20, 2017

I am more curious about hockey in Brisbane........
    images.jpeg

5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 20, 2017

Hi Kevin!

Welcome to the forum!

We are a good bunch of chaps, and there is a full range of information on practically anything as we have a broad scope of knowledge across all brands. What you will find is that we are not up are own arses like other forums!

So sit back, buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Rgds

Darren

P.S Scream if you wanna do faster!

Oh & one last thing... that little square in the corner with a ? in it needs a photo :)

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 20, 2017

"Hockey" is always played on ice, so saying "ice hockey" is redundant. If it's played on a field, that's "field hockey", and is mostly for girls. If it's played on a floor, it's "floor hockey", and is mostly for little kids.

PS - my wife is Australian and we have this conversation regularly...:)

Cheers, Al - from Canada

italy1861, Jonatan and Foo2rama like this.
  7. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Dec 20, 2017

In England, what hockey is played, by both men and women’s teams, is generally on grass.
    'Ice' hockey here is a minority sport that has never really caught on, unlike 'football' (soccer) and rugby.
    Cricket is a popular sport but, as you can see from the Ashes scores, we’re not doing as well as we’d hope to down under!

8. fatwabbit Dec 20, 2017

Ice hockey has increased in popularity in the last few years. It went from a small league of about 4 teams in one division, to now 4 Divisions, and an average of about 6 teams per division. There are a couple of National players, and quite a number of American/Canadian ex-top tier players. Its a good league, most of the guys know each other, and obviously chirp each other during and after the games. Hockey to me is only played on skates (both inline and ice). Grass hockey is just.............

I've included a photo in my avatar, as well as a picture below of my current Omega. The rest of the watches will be photographed when they arrive, and I'll include the Seiko that I've given to my son as well.

image1.jpeg
    davidswiss, Spruce and Foo2rama like this.
  9. ClarendonVintage Dec 20, 2017

Welcome! Nice Omega!

10. dan7800 Dec 20, 2017

Welcome! That is a gorgeous watch!