Forums Latest Members

Hello out there... newbie warning!

1. Capt Cave Man Nov 21, 2019

Hello all

I'm Lee, based near and working in Cambridge. This year being our 20th wedding anniversary, my wife and I treated ourselves in buying some watches among other things. She who must be obeyed wanted an Apple Watch and I wanted my first, what I consider a 'high end' wristwatch and she surprised me with a Breitling Transocean.

I seem to have however now caught the bug and have been looking into watches ever since. I've always been interested in Omega, I suspect due to the links with NASA and a certain MI5 agent like my other weakness with F1 and a certain plastic car brand (hence my profile pic), however after browsing various watches I ended up falling for a 1973 (birth year) Constellation which I hit the button on.

I've begun browsing to research into what I have bought and hence come to OF. On what I have read to-date, l'm certainly a complete newbie. Done all the wrong way round, bought from a dealer, suspect she's been polished and that I have over paid, it was certainly a heart over head decision but am still really happy with my first Omega which for me is a keeper and I hope to be able to add different models alongside in the future.

I'm really looking forward to reading up on Omega, the watch types and hopefully begin to contribute and once I have a few more pennies, be in a position to buy a watch or two from fellow enthusiasts and collectors.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Vitezi, gemini4, Noddyman and 4 others like this.
  2. Donfiore Nov 21, 2019

Nice collection and welcome to the forum.
    Beautiful constellation btw

Capt Cave Man likes this.
  3. MRC Nov 21, 2019

4. Capt Cave Man Nov 21, 2019

Yep a '99 S1 legalised go-cart :thumbsup:

Cheers MRC

5. Noddyman Nov 21, 2019

You’ve done well for your first foray, and its a rare model to boot.

6. Capt Cave Man Nov 21, 2019