Hello Omega watch enthousiasts

I recently accuired ( father via beloved uncle) a Omega Seamaster De Ville 14K with 14K bracelet not intergrated but with the case lugs. The marks says so that it's gold. (pictures will be posted tomorrow). My uncle bought it new once in Haarlem at 19-06-1971. But I think it is not from 1971 Pretty watch with no real waer and tear. Not interested in the value. Main question is how to keep this beauty preserved? I'm not eager to sell it although I not going to wear it I think with the golden bracelet. Withe a leather one I could wear it at occasions, but is that a good idea? Martijn Akkermans always says a proper jewel should be weared. :-) And should I run it once in a while. Or leave it as it is in the box? Where it now belongs. Thx for any advice/comment in advance. Sorry for the lack of knowledge.

Welcome to the group. If you have no intention of wearing it and just want to keep it as a family heirloom, then put it in a box and don’t wear it-nothing else needs to be done. If you do want to wear it (on bracelet or strap), then you should find a local independent watchmaker and have it serviced so you can wear it freely without worry.

Withe a leather one I could wear it at occasions, but is that a good idea?

these watches were meant to be worn so give it a proper service and enjoy it carefully

Service and a nice leather strap you can wear it sparingly for the next 7 years.

Thx for the useful replies. Here are some pictures:

20200718_125049-jpg.1028292

20200718_125811-jpg.1028293

20200718_125102-jpg.1028294

A crocodile strap would go well with it, but the watch is not very big so I would advise a flat vintage style strap otherwise the puffiness will be overpowering the watch.
Shiny croc will look very dressy, brown matte croc would be very elegant but a bit more « daytime » wear. Maroon, navy blue and dark green also look very good on gold. Navy blue goes well with suits as with jeans.

Sorry for the mess, above ;-)
It’s OK. I edited your posts to show the pictures.

You should use the picture button (the one with a sun and mountain) to load the pictures. This forum will actually save those pictures for you.

The links you posted may be broken or altered at some time in the future (ask anyone who had used Photobucket).

You have a very nice watch with an optional Omega gold bracelet. As others have said, get it serviced and wear on special occasions.
gatorcpa

Thank your for your kind effort Sir.
I might not wear it any time soon. Is it wisely to service it now before I store it away?

The Seamaster De Villes were produced between 1963 and 1967, I believe, so quite usual for a watch to be produced in one year but sold later. As @Passover says, an extract will tell you when produced, and also the country the watch was delivered to.

As others have stated, no need to have it serviced if you don't intend to wear it. Just let it sit in a safe, dry location and do not wind it. If you wish to wear it occasionally, find a good independent watchmaker. Do not take it to an Omega dealer, or send it to Omega.

Thanks so much guys! I will follow your recommendations and will not bother you no more untill I have another watch ;-) I'm hooked I guess...