Hello Omega fans / question about warranty

Hello all,

Thank you for accepting me on this great forum and really looking fwd to participate and enjoy in excellent conversations and photo bombing.
I'm an owner of several Omegas, flipped them many in the process as well and just few days ago purchased my latest addition and in many respect my dream watch, PO GMT Good Planet, in basically brand new condition. Only problem is I'm currently o/b the vessel in Atlantic Ocean and watch is safely back home with the family... So for some time still have to be patient... With me I have my faithfull 2531.80...
I have one question regarding the warranty card of this watch - it was purchased in Japan in Don Quijote store and they filled the card. They are however not an AD, although they were ensuring previous owner that warranty is valid with Omega for 5 years. Is this legit?
I asked the same question on WUS, but only one reply, although positive one.
Here is few photos. Wrist shot hopefully next month...
Thanks!
20200915_152705.jpg 20200915_152729.jpg 20200915_153752.jpg 20200915_153731.jpg 20200915_150810.jpg 20200915_152509.jpg 20200915_145524.jpg 20200917_183611.jpg

If as you say, the seller that stamped the card is not an Omega authorized dealer, you don't have any sort of warranty from Omega.

If as you say, the seller that stamped the card is not an Omega authorized dealer, you don't have any sort of warranty from Omega.
I would agree with that, but then I stumbled across one post on Quora, where guy claims his warranty stamped in one of the similar Japanese department stores (also not an AD) was honored by Omega without any issue. I was hoping someone on this forum (or on WUS) would know about those Japanese stores. Btw, watch was brand new when bought in store, not 2nd hand. Not that it matters.

Well I can't comment on concession sales in Japanese department stores, but I can tell you to take anything you read on the WUS Omega sub-forum with a pinch of salt. With the exception of Archers posts. And mine of course. :thumbsup:

I wonder if Omega really knows every single authorized dealer throughout the world at any given point in time.

I bought my DSOTM grey market, which originally came from Romania via Sweden to me in NC, USA. Then it went to Omega in FL for warranty service, with just a photocopy of the warranty card. The warranty card was all hand-written and barely legible. No issues with the repair.

I never heard of the Good Planet edition of the Seamaster, that's a very handsome piece, congrats! I guess it's true what they say: Omega has a special limited edition for nearly everything and anything.

If you've ever sent a watch to Omega through the OB under warranty, they don't scrutinize the warranty card. They look at the card and your serial number, the date on the card, then say, "OK! Covered by warranty!" then fill out that big form. They seriously do not care that much.

If you've ever sent a watch to Omega through the OB under warranty, they don't scrutinize the warranty card. They look at the card and your serial number, the date on the card, then say, "OK! Covered by warranty!" then fill out that big form. They seriously do not care that much.

This has been my experience at the boutique near me. No scrutiny at all and were happy to take it in and service it.

as long as u have this card , u dont have to worry about the warranty from Omega.

normally, shops other than AD and OB, have their own warranty policy, but with this card u have, stay assured

Thanks guys. I mean watch is in great condition and works fine, I was lucky never to have problems with my Omegas if new, or after regular services, so I doubt I will need to use warranty at all. But on top of that, I like to know the history of the watch if possible, especially if keeper as this one... Seller was fair and square about where he purchased the watch and TBH I also think warranty would stand without any issue if used. In the mean time I got myself original bracelet for the piece, upgraded with the latest adjustable clasp, so I think that's that - perfect watch for many years to come... Now I only need to sign off this damned vessel and come home to wear it. Cheers!

Hi guys. Wanted to touch base after coming home and wearing this beauty for more than a month now. Watch was in mint condition, full package, I ordered original bracelet for it as well with adjustable clasp upgrade and... OMG... This might be finally it. Perfect watch. I wear it on bracelet exclusively and having an OCD for accuracy, this one hit the jackpot with +0.9sec/day average over 30 days, normal daily wear and crown down over night. I don't think about warranty question at all anymore...
Anyway, super happy with the purchase and this one will be a keeper. Finally!