Forums Latest Members
  1. Scoopdydoo Aug 22, 2017

After lurking for a while I decided to join this knowledgable community. I've ordered my first Omega from a local AD so hopefully it'll be here soon and I can share pictures etc.

2. ICONO Aug 22, 2017

A very warm Welcome !

What have you ordered ?

Scoopdydoo likes this.
  3. mikesspeedy Aug 22, 2017

Hey there happy Omega owning, don't be shy, what did you order?

4. mikesspeedy Aug 22, 2017

Soz should have read your other post. 6 weeks to order in a watch that is not in stock is about right it could well go out a bit on that. as an alternative, you could try the oxford street OB or the one in Harrods to see if they have stock? Just so you know I have even waited 8 weeks for an Omega NATO ordered from my local OB. The time it took (I was told about 6 weeks) got me a bit annoyed but it did arrive in the end and was as advertised. I think I would be impatient but would live with the wait because I would feel omega would be making my watch for me and it was not simply stock off the shelf. long term would probably mean more? just a thought.

Scoopdydoo likes this.
  5. Scoopdydoo Aug 22, 2017

I like your thinking - making it just for me! It is something that I intend to keep forever and pass to my son eventually so more than prepared to wait.
    It's my first 'luxury' time piece my only other watches being a quartz Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300m and a few other Timexes (Timei plural?) so quite excited to say the least.

mikechi22 likes this.
  6. mikesspeedy Aug 22, 2017

If its going to be a keeper. Omega will not be just making it just for you, if you had not ordered it just wouldn't exist. There will be a person over the next few weeks sitting at a workbench putting this watch together just because you ordered it. Had you taken an off the shelf stock watch then you would simply be taking a watch that was made from a few months ago up to a year ago. I know its a mass produced watch that maybe would have been made for stock for an OB but I kinda like the idea that because you ordered it to exist it will now exist. Its pretty cool when you think about it.

mikechi22 likes this.
  7. mikesspeedy Aug 22, 2017

don't forget an "on the wrist pic" when you get it.

Scoopdydoo likes this.
  8. Scoopdydoo Aug 22, 2017

What are the chances. Had a call from the AD this afternoon saying it was on it's way and should be here for the end of the week. Should be able to pick it up Sunday!

noelekal likes this.
  9. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Aug 22, 2017

Welcome, good to see the Scottish contingent growing :thumbsup:

SouthernScot, noelekal and Scoopdydoo like this.
  10. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Aug 22, 2017

And welcome :cool:

Scoopdydoo likes this.
  11. jaguar11 Aug 22, 2017

Welcome and looking forward to a picture:)

Scoopdydoo likes this.
  12. xeasygoingx Sep 6, 2017

Hey Scoopdydoo - welcome to this forum and have fun here. What I have learned around Omega pieces - you need to invest patience but at the end it will reward you with beauty and pleasure!

13. SouthernScot Sep 10, 2017

Welcome to the forum, missed your introduction originally but just picked it up while browsing. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here. Whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm from Thurso originally but have lived in the south of England for many years hence the username!
    Be good to see pictures of your new Omega!

14. albertob Sep 10, 2017

Welcome to OF!

15. mikechi22 Sep 10, 2017

Not as romantic as the bespoke concept, but oh so sweet to have!

16. mikesspeedy Sep 12, 2017

Where the photo Scoopdydoo?