Forums Latest Members
  1. frederico Sep 2, 2017

I've just joined, have been lurking for a while, so hi all! I'm in IT, travel a lot but live in London (UK), my first watch was a Breitling Emergency back in 2002, followed by a Mumbai-special Omega seamaster 30 (don't judge me too harshly) and a Longine Conquest GMT. I sold them all to buy my first Rolex, a '67 Oysterdate which I still own and is my daily office watch. On the weekends i swap between a '73 seamaster 176.007 and a Tudor black bay (ETA movement) which honestly I only bought because nothing else I own is waterproof and it does rain here occasionally. the Omega is probably the one I get most pleasure from and has got me looking at other vintage Omegas (some serious time being wasted lusting after anything with a Bakelite bezel). Oh and I just bought my first loupe!

IMG_5027.JPG
  2. SouthernScot Sep 2, 2017

Welcome to the forum, as you have been 'lurking' for a while you will know what an excellent forum this is. I hope you enjoy your time here, I joined in March and have thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I really like your collection. The Seamaster is particularly nice and I am a fan of the Black Bay. The Rolex is very understated and classy. I am currently looking after an identical model for my son while he has work carried out on his house.
    Welcome!

frederico and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  3. frederico Sep 2, 2017

Thanks for the generous words. All three were hard to track down for their various reasons, particularly as I realised from my previous purchases that good condition, relatively unmolested watches are the exception rather than the norm. But I get so much more pleasure from wearing something vintage and knowing that I'm just a custodian, not its owner..

SouthernScot and Larry S like this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 2, 2017

Welcome... there is a fine community in London. Check out Time For a Pint. @tyrantlizardrex has organized well attended meetings. I made it to one earlier this year whilst on an business trip.

5. frederico Sep 2, 2017

Thanks Larry!

6. xeasygoingx Sep 2, 2017

Hi frederico,

Welcome to OF and enjoy the community. I am new here too and had very interesting conversations in that short period as well as good hints. I am sure "you'll never walk alone" - no matter how tricky your problem or question might be.

Best regards
    Nicolas

frederico likes this.
  7. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Sep 2, 2017

Hello Frederico. Nice to see another addition to the UK chapter of Omega Forums. I'm a South West London boy but now live on the coast in Dorset. I travel up to London often and, a little while back, dropped in on one of the London 'Time4apint meetings held by Chris @tyrantlizardrex. It was a great evening and an enlightening introduction to the world of watch collecting.Hope to do it again when I'm able.

Keep an eye out on the forum or give Chris a shout. Maybe at some point you could attend a 'Time4apint meet up'.
    (Edit) Ahhh I see @Larry S has already clued you up on that. Oh well... that's two recommendations.
    Cheers
    Jonathan.

Edited Sep 3, 2017
    frederico and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  8. tyrantlizardrex Sep 3, 2017

9. frederico Sep 3, 2017

Thanks everyone :)
    Just bought a ticket for time4apint, so looking forward to meeting some of the other london members there. Can't wait!

10. jaguar11 Sep 3, 2017

Welcome!!!! Nice trio you have there. The Seamaster is funky 70's cool:):):)

frederico likes this.
  11. Edwinowl Sep 3, 2017

Welcome bro from Nottingham. Gonna have to get myself one of these time4 a pint tickets at some stage. Shame there's no 'tour' up north. Enjoy. Nice collection bythway.

frederico likes this.
  12. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Sep 3, 2017

No tour up north ?
    Oh yes there is but it's a bit further north - Yorkshire.
    Search for Yorkshire GTG for images.