Forums Latest Members
  1. Elias564 Mar 9, 2020

Hello everybody,

I've been craving for a vintage watch for some time and not having one in the family moving from generation to generation I finally set out to buy one.

I would like to thank you for all the useful information that I found on the forum, it was really helpful in evaluating options and led me to finally decide to buy a beautiful Seamaster from the 60s.

This is my first Omega and my first vintage watch and I'm very exited to finally receive it in the next few days from the seller. I found very interesting to read on the forum about the history of this model, and to learn from the last owner the story of this specific watch had been really intriguing. I've been always reluctant to buy used watched, but I now feel that I bought something that has a story and that gifted emotions to other people before me. It's now my turn to enjoy it and to take care of it, and to make sure that one day it will gift emotions to somebody else.

It feels good to become part of this forum.

Kind regards

Elias564

2. marco Mar 9, 2020

Welcome.
    Pics of your watch would be nice when it arrives.

Elias564 likes this.
  3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 9, 2020

Welcome, good luck, and stay healthy!

Elias564 likes this.
  4. OMEGuy Mar 9, 2020

Hello and welcome!

Your basic instinct sounds healthy. I'm curious what you went for on your first date... :)

5. chulyquang Mar 9, 2020

Welcome

6. janice&fred Mar 9, 2020

Italian? Love of vintage watches? Who would have guessed?

I think it's a law in Italy no? :D

7. Elias564 Mar 10, 2020

As soon as this coronavirus madness is over I should finally receive it and be able to post some pictures :)
    Logistic is being disrupted a bit at the moment. I can't wait!
    Thank you for the welcome!

8. NYCwatchgal Mar 10, 2020

Welcome and stay healthy!

Elias564 likes this.
  9. Elias564 Apr 1, 2020

After an epic journey across the country the watch finally arrived today!
    I'm not an expert yet but it has been recently fully serviced by Omega and there are 20 months left of warranty.
    The glass was changed, and so were the date ring, gasket, crown and some gears, but here it is in hopefully all its beauty!

unnamed.jpg
    wagudc and Aludic like this.