Forums Latest Members
  1. Maxim Jan 30, 2022

Hello dear Omega Forums community!

I am a new member here as well. After being a reader of these forums for a long time I finally decided to join.
    This is probably not a "proper" introduction, but decided to write a few words about me, since I realised that my very first post in the forums was actually a cheeky joke. ;)

I am an artist and illustrator from Heidelberg, Germany. Being long time OMEGA fan, I've owned a few of them over the past 10 years:

Seamster Planet Ocean GoodPlanet marked the beginning of my journey back in 2013, followed by Seamaster Professional 41mm (SMPc) in blue and current Seamaster diver 300M 42mm (in blue again).

Recently I've sold all of them and decided to limit my OMEGA collection to only two ceramic watches: Speedmaster Blue Side of the Moon aventurine dial (304.93.44.52.03.002) and the Planet Ocean "Big Blue"...

While I'm still waiting for both of them to arrive, I just purchased a beautiful Aqua Terra 38mm for my wife in order to expand her "collection" of one quartz Constellation of yore.

Really looking forward hearing from you guys and hopefully some of my feedback based on experiences with those watches might be of use here too.

Thanks and cheers!

Maxim

image.png
    Longbow, jaguar11, Aludic and 5 others like this.
  2. Dan S Jan 30, 2022

Welcome, Maxim, we look forward to your contributions ... and photos!

Maxim and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  3. Maxim Jan 30, 2022

Thanks a lot! I will definitely post some photos as soon as I get my hands on mine.

Meanwhile I might as well shoot some pics of my wife's Aqua Terra (220.10.38.20.53.001), if I somehow manage to get it off her wrist anytime soon, of course. :)
    I have to say, the whole current Aqua Terra line actually really impressed me, while never really being on my radar before...

4. mr_yossarian Jan 30, 2022

Willkommen im Strudel aus Berlin! Joining here usually means the opposite of reducing your Collection :)

Longbow, BAJJ and Maxim like this.
  5. Maxim Jan 30, 2022

Hi Strudel, thank you! Indeed - I don't know how long I'm going to last... It is itching already. :)
    Thankfully there are budgeting constraints still holding me off... after my last shopping spree. ;)

6. pdxleaf ... Jan 30, 2022

myatt likes this.
  7. Walrus Jan 30, 2022

I have the utmost respect for people who can draw as it’s so far out of wheelhouse I can’t fathom how people draw such cool shit. I mean stuff sorry.

8. Omegafanman Feb 1, 2022

Did you draw your Avatar? - I like it (a lesser spotted sea chicken if I am not mistaken ;0)

Maxim likes this.
  9. Maxim Feb 1, 2022

Thanks! Sure I did draw it. There is actually a whole Alphabet of them I did a while ago for AnimalAlphabets (see below).
    This particular one is actually a slightly modified Ornate Hawk-Eagle, not a chicken! ;)

AnimalAlphabets_Birds_Complete_Insta copy.jpg
    Edited Feb 1, 2022
    MRC and Omegafanman like this.
  10. Omegafanman Feb 1, 2022

They are great - and I think as Avatars would suit some of my fellow OF members.........Shoebill Stork would be a good name in a detective novel :0)

pdxleaf and Maxim like this.
  11. Maxim Feb 1, 2022

Thanks a lot, very kind!

I usually don't offer them as "avatars" because they were part of a different illustration project... ;)
    Shoebill Stork is indeed a great name for a detective, but I would imagine better impersonation would probably be my Xolmis instead.

Omegafanman likes this.