Forums Latest Members
  1. Dennis C Oct 15, 2022

Hello everyone,

I’m a new member from Colorado. I’ve been into watches for many years, and I’m now collecting tools to get into the watchmaking hobby. I’ve been fortunate enough to own more than a few Omega watches over the years, although there are currently only two in my collection. I’ve got a Speedmaster Automatic that I purchased new from an authorized dealer in 2000. I’ve also got a Seamaster De Ville that I inherited from my grandfather. It was a corporate gift to him in the mid 1970s. It’s currently at Omega in Switzerland getting a full service, and I’ve asked them about strap and bracelet options.

I’m looking forward to learning more about a Omega watches and watchmaking here on the forums.

Dennis

B412DABC-4B10-4754-9A41-62E2D3BE47EE.jpeg 204435AE-B32D-45BB-B8A5-6427D3788062.jpeg
  2. Dan S Oct 15, 2022

Welcome, from another Coloradan.

3. Walrus Oct 15, 2022

Hello welcome, I have a similar watch which I call my mundane speedy but I really like it. I just put it on leather this week. I’m working with someone who is currently stuck in Colorado I’m trying to get him funds to return but Colorado is a nice place to be stuck in imo
    image.jpg

Dennis C and Duracuir1 like this.
  4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Oct 15, 2022

Welcome to the Forum, @Dennis C ! You’ve landed in a great place with lots of like-minded folk.

Dennis C likes this.
  5. Dennis C Oct 15, 2022

The Speedmaster was my everyday watch for more than 10 years. It is actually getting a full service at Omega now too, although it’s at an authorized US service center. It’s funny how it was considered a big watch when I bought it, then it was considered a small watch, and now the size seems to be coming back into fashion. I have some larger and some smaller watches, but the 39mm to 41mm diameter range really seems like a nice sweet spot.

I like and own several watch brands that are popular like Omega, Tag Heuer, and Breitling. However, I’ve always been attracted to niche brands or small brands that have history in Swiss watchmaking. I’ve definitely got a few oddballs in my collection.

6. byunjoe Oct 15, 2022

Welcome, indeed this may be called "OmegaForums" but the majority of members appreciate all other brands as well, so feel free to explore and share. Not to mention the plethora of knowledge and discourse that is available here.