Forums Latest Members

Hello everyone - new member (with a problem)

1. SpeedyTHB_1 Apr 12, 2024

Hi everyone,

I'm a 53 yo IT guy in the UK. I have a Speedmaster HB-SIA in titanium. Had it for over 4 years now and absolutely love it.

I had to replace the strap as the "knobbly thing" (yes, I'm sure there's a better word for it!) on the deployment clasp fell off and promptly was never found again. (See watch strap pic - the missing part is where the hole is in the deployment clasp).

Without this piece of the clasp I can't close the strap.

I went to an AD (as the watch is still under guarantee) and was told that the warranty is limited to the main watch and not the strap - what's everyone's opinion on this? I cannot see any such limitations on the international warranty literature.

Secondly, would it be easier to get a replacement "knobbly thing" and pay a watch repairer to properly fit it? Again, any suggestions as to where I could source the part and who could fit it in the UK?

Thanks in advance for everyone's time!

IMG_4205.jpg IMG_4213.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 12, 2024

Probably going to have to replace the entire clasp. A watchmaker with an Omega parts account should be able to order and install it.

3. Evitzee Apr 12, 2024

Leather and rubber straps usually aren't warranted as they are 'wear' items, but to me a steel bracelet should be covered if it fails like yours did. Contact your Service Center.

SpeedyTHB_1 and pdxleaf like this.