Forums Latest Members

New Member with a serious Omega 2500 D problem

1. gcatal01 Mar 18, 2022

Hello everyone new to the forum and would truly appreciate any assistance in trying to determine serious problem with my Omega Constellation with 2500d movement . I purchased this watch as NOS in December , 2021 . Upon receipt I wound crown 60 times , set date/time and wore watch each day for 12 hours . On the third day found watch had stopped around 2am . I wound the crown again and wore the watch with the same result . I contacted SGUS service and they had me send in watch for evaluation . I received a notice saying "Low amplitude" was found and they would do a "Complete Service" . They replaced the "Mainspring" and returned the watch . Upon receipt wound crown 60 times , set date/time and on 3rd day found watch had stopped during night . Checked "Power reserve" wound crown 60 times , placed watch on nightstand found watch had stopped around 40 hour mark . Sent watch back to SGUS they checked and said "Low amplitude" and they would do a "Partial Service" . I just received the watch and went thru the winding procedure wore watch this time watch stopped on 2nd night . Did a "Power reserve" test an only ran 23 hours . I called SGUS service they apologized and had me send it back for the 3rd time . Sorry for such a lengthy thread but wanted to provide all the information as I don't know if its the watch or the diagnostics that's causing this problem and would like to know if Any of you could possibly share your thoughts or ideas . Thank you in advance for your consideration .

fskywalker likes this.
  2. SkunkPrince Mar 18, 2022

Where are you located? If it was sent to the Miami service center, they seem to be more error prone than the other locations.

3. gbesq Mar 18, 2022

Very unusual for a 2500d to have any issues, especially this early on. It’s typically a very reliable movement. Hope they can properly diagnose and repair it for you. Perhaps @Archer has some thoughts about what might be causing this.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. gcatal01 Mar 19, 2022

Thanks for the reply it has been "Repaired/ Diagnosed" at the New Jersey Service Center .

5. gcatal01 Mar 19, 2022

As you stated it IS Very Unusual for this movement to have this "Undiagnosable" problem that's why I hope someone on the Forum can shed some light on what I should ask the Repair Center to check for as it's there now . Thanks

6. fskywalker Jul 11, 2023

Wondering the final resolution on this issue?