Forums Latest Members
  1. caspar86 Jan 7, 2019

Hello everybody,

My name is Caspar, 33 years old, with a soft spot for old mechanical stuff. This very much includes automatic movements and watches in general. In addition to my love for watches i'am fond of classic cars (my '76 bmw 316 in particular), classic espresso machines, vintage bicycles/bikes and playing jazz records.

The dutch generic watch forum brought me here since i've been on the hunt for a WWW 'dirty dozen' and even more so for a 6b/159 Omega 'spitfire watch'. I just can't get that watch out of my mind. That aged white, the blued hands and the incredible history doesn't speak, it screams to me..
    Over the last year i joined a couple of eBay auctions but wasn't very lucky, so the search continues. I hope to learn more about these pieces here and scratch the itch until the dream is fulfilled.

My current collection does not contain an omega but as you can read, that is going to chance one good day.
    It does contain a new Yema Superman heritage, an 100% original 1967 Edox Hydromatic skin diver and a U-series Explorer 1.

I'am keen on learning more about (especially vintage) watches. So i will be scrolling through this forum quite often.

2. Cipolla Jan 7, 2019

Welcome and good luck on your hunt. Not long ago I see a www dirty dozen Omega here in the forum. May it’s still there. Anyhow good luck !

3. caspar86 Jan 10, 2019

Thank you! I will be keeping my eyes peeled, especially for the ck2292 :)