Forums Latest Members
  1. akafudge Jun 28, 2017

Hi folks, this is my first post so just wanted to say a quick hello and to introduce myself. My name is Jonathan and I am from the UK, just outside of London.

I wanted to join this particular forum as I have, over the last few years, become quite taken with 1950's style Longines timepieces although, I am not entirely sure why; is that normal? :)

Many thanks.

Jonathan

2. argonbeam Jul 7, 2017

Hello Jonathan and welcome. There is a subsection under general discussion, "the great big introductions thread" or something similar where you can post a hello as well. My collection is largely 1950's Longines with a few, later 30L caliber and a few ultrachron hi-beat movements as well. My 50's models are largely US-cased versions but would be interested in seeing pics of any UK models you have at this time. the 50's and much of the 60's were great times for Swiss manufacturers with tons of great watches and movements, etc. If you like the very popular Conquests, Flagships, etc, from the 1950's, they are tending to cost a pretty penny for good examples at the time being. There are lots of "no-name" models (in that there is no model name on the dial, although they all have model names or numbers if you dig enough) that are quite nice and more affordable than the hot items mentioned above. Welcome again.

Yuriae likes this.