Headed to Europe, should I?

Posts
7,772
Likes
14,363
I plan to travel to the US, should I wear a bulletproof vest and a helmet ?
If they are blue states/cities (like LA, Chicago, San Francisco, Philly) absolutely.
 
Posts
1,853
Likes
4,464
I plan to travel to the US, should I wear a bulletproof vest and a helmet ?

Head for Kansas, Toto! ‘There’s no place like home, there’s no place….’

 
Posts
3,281
Likes
9,863
Ohh Shit! Im going to California this July
 
Posts
5,026
Likes
18,607
Funny that most people are warning for the neighbourhoods that are bad. Because most thieves go to the areas where rich people hang out, target them and rob the watches when there's the right moment.

Anyway, I agree what others have said. You can wear a watch everywhere but I woul'nt sit with a 20k gold rolex on a terras with short sleeves. At least I dont. But I dont have a 20k gold rolex anyway.

I do have a sub but I dont wear that one in summertime Amsterdam. Not when I go out.
 
Posts
10,743
Likes
16,729
I go to Mayfair, London once a month for work. Despite it being a very affluent area, there are a disproportionately high number of watch robberies there, particularly for flashy Rolexes. I wear an Apple Watch. It makes me die inside but there it is.
 
Posts
1,912
Likes
2,927
Funny that most people are warning for the neighbourhoods that are bad. Because most thieves go to the areas where rich people hang out, target them and rob the watches when there's the right moment.

Agree. It's not the "bad" neighborhoods you need to worry about. (Doubt you'd go there anyway.) As stated, it's the touristy/densely packed areas that are risky.
 
Posts
7,317
Likes
23,709
I hear the thieves frequent this forum looking for posts by people asking if it’s safe to wear their watches in particular cities. So to be safe, just wear a Rolex…
 
Posts
2,608
Likes
7,262
I plan to travel to the US, should I wear a bulletproof vest and a helmet ?

Not necessary. Just avoid schools and supermarkets.
Everyone else is armed and that prevents shootings anyway ……or so. 😡🙁
Edited:
 
Posts
3,258
Likes
23,332
It’s kind of funny to me thinking of Subs as the epitome of utilitarian tool watch and now people are afraid to wear them in public. Sad and funny.
 
Posts
420
Likes
490
It’s kind of funny to me thinking of Subs as the epitome of utilitarian tool watch and now people are afraid to wear them in public. Sad and funny.
Subs are only tool watches in the minds of watch geeks, in reality they stopped being that a long time ago. There is no shame in not wanting to wear a $10K piece when travelling.
 
Posts
2,781
Likes
4,706
It’s kind of funny to me thinking of Subs as the epitome of utilitarian tool watch and now people are afraid to wear them in public. Sad and funny.
Subs are still a tool watch…….the watch used to be the tool, now the tool is the prick wearing it!
::stirthepot::😁
 
Posts
3,258
Likes
23,332
I wonder if it’s okay to wear a sub while mowing the lawn… hmmm.
 
Posts
2,781
Likes
4,706
I wonder if it’s okay to wear a sub while mowing the lawn… hmmm.
Only if you’re a prick, the lawn is seagrass and under water
 
Posts
869
Likes
2,206
I think it’s a bit like how everyone not from Australia thinks they’ll be eaten by crocodiles, snakes, spiders and sharks if they visit Australia. It’s a struggle every day but we survive.

Yeah, but those bloody spiders man ...
 
Posts
2,781
Likes
4,706
Yeah, but those bloody spiders man ...
Meh…….they don’t eat much, except the ones that eat whole birds!
Edited:
 
Posts
48
Likes
104
Yikes! Not a friend of spiders. Thanks for all of the input everyone. Checked with insurance agent, covered worldwide. Put it on the strap for the first time and I like it. Looks like me and the watch are traveling!
 
Posts
7,689
Likes
22,048
I don’t think Europe is any worse than many place in the US, but I know someone who lives in Paris got cornered in an affluent area near the Eiffel Tower by 4 guys who were after his Rolex.

I’m in the camp that wears a Casio-type watch whenever I travel— just for the peace of mind.