Forums Latest Members

Head-To-Head: Omega Speedmaster 60th Anniversary Vs. Speedmaster Calibre 321

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Feb 16, 2021

[​IMG]
    When Omega introduced the Speedmaster 60th Anniversary in 2017, it was a big thing! It was a tribute to the original Speedmaster reference CK2915, but with the calibre 1861 movement. Then, in 2020, Omega introduced the 105.003 tribute with its calibre 321. How do these two watches compare? Is it worth going after a Speedmaster […]

Visit Head-To-Head: Omega Speedmaster 60th Anniversary Vs. Speedmaster Calibre 321 to read the full article.

2. Bp1000 Feb 16, 2021

Indecisive people! Frustrating.

But I really can’t pick, so that’s me right now.

The 321 Ed white edition is really the modern pinnacle and it should, on paper, take this. But I love the ck2915 re-edition. It’s like no other speedy since the watch it copies. I love it’s look and feel on the wrist. I know it will untimely loose out with its faux patina and that it doesn’t have a beautifully finished 321 underneath. But still, both incredible watches.

Now I wish omega would remake the cosmic triple. It’s been 2 years of looking for one in gold and without a modernised refinished dial.

3. pdxleaf ... Feb 16, 2021

This article gives me a feeling from my childhood that I had misplaced. The same feeling when my Marvel comics next issue arrived (for 12 cents.) Anticipation and excitement, looking for twists with characters I am familiar with, the world goes away for a moment.

Dependable, faithful, loyal to the readers. Thanks Robert-Jan "Stan Lee" Broer. And it doesn't even cost me 12 cents! (At least , not yet)

And thanks to OF, who brings it to my door.

mbeast likes this.
  4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 16, 2021

"In my opinion, both models are closer to their source material than the FOiS is to the original Speedmaster reference CK2998."

...sounds like the next 321 speedmaster could be a true tribute to the 2998...

"Unlike the 60th anniversary, the Calibre 321 has slotted neatly into my daily rotation. It has little to do with the case size or shape (as that’s more or less identical to the 60th), but more to do with the bracelet."

...amen...and also why I hunted a vintage mint flatlink for my 60th (it does deserve it, despite the lack of love from most)...

[​IMG]

IMHO, the perfect combo (but it would be nice, and not trying to sound like an ungrateful narcissist, if Omega could 'fix' that...for the purists...despite the great work of FB and UncleSeiko)...

pdxleaf and M'Bob like this.
  5. bgrisso Feb 17, 2021

I’ve been wearing my speedy 60th on straps, love it :thumbsup:

the new 321 looks amazing but it’s crazy expensive