Head Scratcher (Roulette Speedy)

Posts
415
Likes
1,090
I don’t know much about these, but I’m pretty sure the ones I’ve seen said Speedmaster on the dial and had a black date wheel?
 
Posts
287
Likes
444
Whatever the specifics, it should be part of the Speedmaster Date family. Those were 7750 based, which means running seconds at 9, Hours accumulator at 6 (up to 12) and Minutes accumulator at 12 (up to 30). None of the subdials look right for a 7750.

Dial print does not seem up to Omega standards either. I would say fake.
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
It’s not mine. It popped up on FB.

Surprised on a few levels at the quality. High quality dial with an odd misprint. Has decent laser engraving, and serial number looks correct.

I’d not suspect the caseback at all.
 
Posts
1,050
Likes
2,617
It’s not mine. It popped up on FB.

Surprised on a few levels at the quality. High quality dial with an odd misprint. Has decent laser engraving, and serial number looks correct.

I’d not suspect the caseback at all.

I was pretty confident it wasn’t yours 😉.
 
Posts
259
Likes
331
It's different from the original 3210.52 pictured below
- Shiny vs white subdials
- White vs black datewheel
- Miss "automatic"
- Incorrect Blue/BLakc pattern on half of the hour markers
- ...

omega-speedmaster-date-day-date-32105200-l.png
 
Posts
312
Likes
737
Quite amazing to see that obviously even the highly underrated croupier becomes interesting to the fake scene. Somewhat flattering to me for being one of the last who stands firm to her 😗

Greetings from mine 😀😀

 
Posts
214
Likes
620
why does the dial say "Seamaster" if it is a Speedy. Is a label applied to the dial?
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
why does the dial say "Seamaster" if it is a Speedy. Is a label applied to the dial?
That’s the least of this fakes issues.

it’s more interesting that the high level of reproduction on this is mared by a simple error like that.

the wrong subdial is excused by the movement…


It’s also a wierd model to fake to a pretty high level.
 
Posts
2,510
Likes
3,736
It’s not mine. It popped up on FB.

Surprised on a few levels at the quality. High quality dial with an odd misprint. Has decent laser engraving, and serial number looks correct.

I’d not suspect the caseback at all.

The exposed mounting fins below the pusher caps definitely look off though