Forums Latest Members

Have you ever heard about this omega vintage seller ?

1. Sashashu Dec 26, 2017

Hi guys ,

Lately , a friend of mine was talking to me about this seller :

http://www.omegaenthusiast.com/vintageomega1960s.html

He told me that this guy has such great pieces at good price and sells good stuff .

what are your thoughts on this person ?

Regards ,

Sasha

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 26, 2017

I don't know him, most of the stock looks quite nice and almost all look to be original.

However, I disagree on the prices. For Omegas, I think most are too high by a factor of two. Although some of the higher-end pieces (pie-pan Constellations, for example) are closer to market price.

Some of the Longines look reasonable. The Chronometer might actually be underpriced to the market. You would need to ask @Tony C. about that one.

gatorcpa

Giff2577, ConElPueblo and Sashashu like this.
  3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 26, 2017

I agree with @gatorcpa about the apparent originality of most of the watches, and also about them being well overpriced.

The Longines Chronometer is rare, but unfortunately has been seriously over-polished. That would stop me from pursuing it even at a much lower price.

Sashashu likes this.
  4. Gstp Dec 26, 2017

Like it or not, his/theirs stuff flies out fast at these prices, seem to be in line with the market

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 26, 2017

Just noticed that they are in Canada. That 30% discount to Yankee dollars makes a big difference.
    gatorcpa

mydeafcat likes this.
  6. Gstp Dec 26, 2017

I thought their prices was in USD

7. Sashashu Dec 26, 2017

what's that 30% ?

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 26, 2017

The difference in the exchange rate between the US and Canadian dollar.

However, if @Gstp is correct, then there is no "discount".
    gatorcpa

Sashashu likes this.
  9. Sashashu Dec 26, 2017

i wasnt awared about canadian dollar and us dollar

mydeafcat likes this.
  10. ConElPueblo Dec 26, 2017

I share this sentiment. The Constellations are much less overpriced than the more common models, but still rather pricy. That they are able to sell a lot of stock is no surprise, seeing some of the post from new members here. I continue to be baffled by some of the budgets newcomers here talk about when discussing garden variety vintage watches.

Davidt, dan7800, Sashashu and 2 others like this.
  11. mydeafcat Dec 26, 2017

Sadly, not to us in Canada! I almost bought from this site, but I will not fork over 20% more just because I must have a particular watch. I agree that prices are indeed on the high side for the SM/SMDVs (aka catnip for us noobs), so I decided against it. Thanks to all of you (esp @ConElPueblo), I’ve taken a deep breath, grabbed a bourbon and relaxed.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in the 3 months I’ve been on OF, @Sashashu (avatar?), it’s look and buy here - and only here, unless you really know your onions - and watch history. I got burned on eBay recently, and fortunately got a full refund (US/CDN exchange notwithstanding - lucky as hell). That watch is back up on the ‘bay, BTW. Hopefully the crown isn’t still broken. A valuable lesson.

Edited Dec 26, 2017
    Sashashu likes this.
  12. kwiklot Dec 26, 2017

%30 wah wah wee wah looks like I will cast a eyeball that way.

13. Sashashu Dec 26, 2017

If someone knows someone who's selling a connie , please tell me . I would like to buy it now .

14. dan7800 Dec 26, 2017

Look in the private sale section of the forum. I believe there are a few

Sashashu likes this.
  15. MPWATCH Watch Lover Dec 26, 2017

Honest pieces, but hefty on the pricing... He does all his own service work!

I've gotten to know him quite well. He has an Instagram account as well, shoot him a DM! Nice guy

Best,

Thomas

mydeafcat and Sashashu like this.
  16. Sashashu Dec 26, 2017

not atm i guess

17. watchdaddy1 Dec 27, 2017

He used to be QVT qualityvintagetimepieces.com. He just recently switched names His name is Sao. Great communication & will answer any questions you have w/ a quickness.

Edited Dec 27, 2017
    mydeafcat and Sashashu like this.