Forums Latest Members

have you ever ... ahem ... LOST a watch?

1. alam Jul 25, 2016

yes, I placed my 2254 under the bed one night after an outing and a few drinks, fast forward two weeks later, I noticed its assigned spot on the box was empty and found myself crazy tracing all my steps looking for my favorite diver...took me more than 48 hours to find it.... :( ..... isn't that such a good feeling??

:)

image.jpeg
  2. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jul 25, 2016

I'm wondering now if maybe I just left it somewhere in a dark place while staring at the illuminated tritium moon, fell asleep (drink in hand, of course), and forgot about it? I do so love that moon...:unsure:

image.jpeg

Edited Jul 25, 2016
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 25, 2016

If @ulackfocus reads this you could end up with (lost a ball )under your name...:whistling:

4. ulackfocus Jul 25, 2016

Ball jokes are too easy for a man of my talents. :taunt:

5. Paedipod Jul 26, 2016

IMG_2114.jpg this one has no lume and relatively flat....put it down on a cross-beam in the storage room under the stairs when moving boxes around after Christmas last year......drove me crazy trying to find it until about 6 weeks ago when I was looking for a "lost" cat during a thunderstorm.

6. blubarb Jul 26, 2016

Not remembering where you misplace an item is not a problem - happens almost daily. The problem is when you can't remember what the item is used for..

7. blubarb Jul 26, 2016

Ps. I've lost a CK2915 somewhere in the US or Europe though it might have been Asia - I don't know because I lost it. Either way, when you find it pm me please. I would be very appreciative and ever so grateful.

ahartfie likes this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 26, 2016

I once found a stainless Submariner down the side of my couch while looking for the remote and didn't remember when I'd bought it (16610 beater I'd taken as a trade I later remembered).

Probably sat there for two years after falling out of my pocket the day I got it but when I told my sister that she sort of shook her head with this look like only you could find a lost Rolex down a couch and not remember where it came from.

LouS, nlogax, ConElPueblo and 5 others like this.
  9. blubarb Jul 26, 2016

There is no reasonable response to this...an award is duly given.

10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 26, 2016

I bought a super flat Enicar Sea Pearl in Singapore many years ago.

Some time later I was "courting" a beautiful young lady named Mary Anne.
    She noticed my watch one night and mentioned the fact that it was beautiful and simple and just classic and she loved it.
    (obviously had great taste as most womens watches at the time were about 20mm in diameter).
    With no ulterior motive in mind ;), I gave it to her and said she could wear it as long as she liked.

Shortly thereafter, my employer (the Navy) decided that I was no longer needed and shipped me back to my home port for discharge.
    The process was so fast (unusual for the Navy) that I never had time to say goodbye to my sweetheart, or even my buddies. So I never had the chance to get my watch back (and I don't think I would have asked for it anyway).

So somewhere there is a lovely lady looking at a 1960s Enicar and wondering "Where the hell did I get that............... it is beautiful though".

Ahhhhh........... nostalgia.

She was one helluva a girl back then.

:D

11. ulackfocus Jul 26, 2016

If you were anyone else, that would merit a custom avatar message. "Unwittingly stores vintage Subs between couch cushions" or something along those lines.

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 26, 2016

If you are ever considering flipping it, take this as my dibs!

13. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jul 26, 2016

Hold your horses, Mr!

I 1up you
    [​IMG]

14. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jul 26, 2016

Lost a 1940s 18kt Baume et Mercier tank after a wedding reception...pretty sure I lost my dignity that night too.

ConElPueblo and JimInOz like this.
  15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 27, 2016

What!

You lost your...............oh yeah.....phew, I thought you meant the other word that ends with "...nity"

16. Northernman Lemaniac Jul 27, 2016

Vintage ScubaPro 500 I got from my father. He had only used it while diving, and had stopped that due to health issues.
    Snagged the bracelet on the edge of a winch during a sailing regatta. Clasp pin broke, and I had the "great pleasure" of observing it sliding down the deck and flipping into the Oslofjord. About 200 meters deep where it occurred.....
    :(

17. Bumper Jul 27, 2016

My mother's name is Mary Anne.... She has this old Sea Pearl that she keeps in a little box in her cupboard, along with some photos and letters. She never married. Dad? Is that you?

18. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 27, 2016

I don't know for sure son.
    Do you have fair hair?
    What do you do for a living?
    How much do you earn per FY?
    Have you made a will yet?

Professor and Fritz like this.
  19. Bumper Jul 27, 2016

Dad! Growing up fatherless,
    the social stigma of a single parent in Asia,
    mom says i look just like my father,
    a nice 2998 would go a long way to ease the baggage i carry!

20. Paedipod Jul 27, 2016

noted....but it will hopefully be a long wait, as it was the watch I wore when I married Mrs P