Forums Latest Members

Hate The New Photobucket Layout

1. pascs Feb 25, 2013

I have been using photobucket for years and it was fine for organising photos but I think I've finally had it with their new layout. The old layout was easier to use and now I cant even find the properties of my pictures like file size, EXIF etc.

Have started looking at SlickPic as an alternative and it seems to have much better options.

What are you using that works?

2. ulackfocus Feb 25, 2013

I don't like the new editor, hate the fact you have to wait til the next dozen or so pictures load to scroll down, and miss the links that pop up when you hover over the thumbnail picture. I'd be interested in knowing which competing site the non-PhotoSuckit users have too.

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 25, 2013

Yes, I agree. it stinks. Editing takes extra steps now and load times are glacial.

4. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2013

I have been waiting till the last minute to change over to the new site (well a bit over 3 weeks now), but have no idea what I will do at that time. Like Apple with iTunes 11, these idiots have nothing better to do but to ruin a good piece of software.

The problem with starting with a new photo hosting site is that I'd have to reload >100 or so albums! Not for the faint of heart.

5. Trev The Architect Staff Member Feb 26, 2013

Have you taken a look at http://500px.com/ ?
    They're not as much of a drop-and-share service like the Photobucket style sites, but it's very nicely done. 500px has replaced Flickr for many people.

Agree re: iTunes 11. It's garbage. I'm at about 260GB of music and v11 simply can't handle it at all. Any type of search action results in lag + beachballs. v10 was just fine on the same hardware. Big step backwards in terms of performance.