Has anyone seen this dial?

Hi. Does anyone know what reference this is or if this dial has ever even been offered by Omega. I couldn’t find another example of it on a Google search. Thanks

Hi. Does anyone know what reference this is or if this dial has ever even been offered by Omega. I couldn’t find another example of it on a Google search. Thanks
No and no ...::facepalm1::

Nope and not that I know of.
A good start would be to get that case back off just to see what's what. 👎

Nope and not that I know of.
A good start would be to get that case back off just to see what's what. 👎

Requested and received photos from the seller

The movement looks like a legit 286 but If I am not mistaken it's missing the regulator hand

As for the dial - I think @Davidt nailed it.

If there is one, what's the story behind it?

Seamaster 30 135.003-62
Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 4.03.19 pm.png
Edited:

Actually, it seems like the regulator assembly came from a completely different movement. 😲

Maybe the original regulator fell victim to the rust that was cleaned/sandpapered off most of the other steel parts (see all the screws, click, winding wheels).

🤮

The movement looks like a legit 286 but If I am not mistaken it's missing the regulator hand

As for the dial - I think @Davidt nailed it.

If there is one, what's the story behind it?

A ludicrous fantasy dial Frankenwatch. The only parts which have meaningful value are the hands.

A ludicrous fantasy dial Frankenwatch. The only parts which have meaningful value are the hands.

Agree. The hands do look pretty cool though 😎

Looks like the ones this eBay UK trader has been selling for ages - and for quite astounding amounts.

This is what we call a fantasy redial. Design elements pulled from various watches produced by Omega and other luxury brands to make a watch that was never a legitimate model in its own right. You don’t want it.

I hate to admit this, but I really like that fantasy dial, either very skilfully done or maybe an older one as it has great patina!

The 12 o'clock marker looks like an homage to Jimmy Durante.

There was a time 25 or so years ago when re-dialing was the norm. I personally have no issue with it myself, but I do respect how tastes have changed over time.
Eventually someone somewhere will appriciate these for what they are. (Hopfully with full disclosure up front.)

-j