Forums Latest Members

Has anyone ever dealt with this guy? Andres Rodriguez Guerrero

1. jblau Sep 9, 2016

has anyone ever dealt with a seller by the name of Andres Humberto Guerrero ?

Email

[email protected]

2. grizzlycanuck Sep 9, 2016

Watchnet posting?? 1st one??

jens0125 likes this.
  3. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Sep 9, 2016

He posted two watches earlier this week on CT. I got a watchrecon alert for the Speedmaster Mark III priced at $870. I asked for a pic of the watch with the chronograph reset and asked where he was located. His response was that he and the watch are located in Uruguay and he forgot :rolleyes: to mention in the ad that the chronograph function wasn't working. I passed because at $870 and running it was a good but not too suspicious deal, at $870 not running the condition of the rest wasn't worth it to me when an overhaul is added back. I didn't doubt he had the watch and actually appreciated that he admitted the issues, but thought the "forgot to mention" part was a bit sleazy. I went about my day and forgot about him.

However...Later I saw his 321 priced at $2150. The price alone was enough to change my opinion from "guy trying to offload a nonrunner that 'forgot to mention' the fact that the watch didn't work correctly" to obvious scammer. But if you read through the subsequent comments on CT - he was asked multiple times to post a handwritten note to prove he had both watches and thus far he hasn't done that, he has just watermarked the pics. He also denied being located in South America in those comments, but again in his email to me he openly states he's in Uruguay.

Long story short, avoid.

And also, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Not 100% of South Americans selling online are scammers, and there have to be some legitimate watch collectors on that continent. But jeez, the track record is not good.::facepalm2::

4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 9, 2016

Google is your friend!!

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 16.48.43.png

Tritium and Darlinboy like this.
  5. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Sep 9, 2016

Just for the record: Uruguay is right next to Buenos Aires ... This corner of the continent is a real hotbed for everything fishy ... (Think Mumbai special).

That's me saying that as a (honest) person living in south America ;)

6. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Sep 9, 2016

Is he Peruvian ?

7. ulackfocus Sep 9, 2016

That would have most likely been the end for me.

It all boils down to your willingness to gamble. I know I've rolled the dice several times on sellers in suspect areas and luckily haven't crapped out yet. I think @LouS has a pretty good won / loss record in SA too.

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 9, 2016

Isn't he the most interesting man in the world ::confused2::