Forums Latest Members
  1. Jeremyboukaia Jan 1, 2018

4F211E75-6BC7-40A0-934F-6D271B4C9242.jpeg I am in Germany for work for 3 months I talked to this guy he says he gets watches all over the world to service. I want to send my watch in to get a full restore but I want to know if any of you have used him before. The watch I will send in is a 1968 De Ville stainless steel (beads or rice). image.jpg

2. Georgieboy58 Jan 1, 2018

I had a quick look into the German watch forum Uhrforum.de and found only one mentioning there but that was positive.
    Seems to be a family owned business with an in house watch maker.

3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 1, 2018

Can he turn it araound before you head home? Otherwise you need to discuss how he does his international shipping.

4. Jeremyboukaia Jan 1, 2018

Yes I met the guy he seems legit but he said it will take 3 months:( I don’t like not having a watch to ware for that long. My other watches are in the states. My de ville needs service it runs 5 mins fast in a week. I don’t like having to adjust the time that often.

5. Jeremyboukaia Jan 1, 2018

Yes he can have it before I come home.

6. sxl2004 Jan 1, 2018

I knew them from 25 years ago, actually bought an Oris from them, and they are an established small family business with Meister watchmakers in the family.
    No experience with repairs though.

7. MG-Speedy Jan 1, 2018

I don't know them, but if you can do excursion to Munich I can recommend you
    http://werkstatt-im-lehel.de
    They repaired some of my watches and I also did the watchmakers course there. I think they are also Omega certified.

mr_yossarian likes this.
  8. Jeremyboukaia Jan 1, 2018

Thanks speedy I go to Munich all the time. I will give them a call tomarrow and get things set up. I just hope they can do two watches before I leave.
    I have a vintage breitling that need a restore. I just picked it up:).

9. MG-Speedy Jan 1, 2018

You are welcome Jeremy. In summer they restored the old crown (sealing was completely hard inside) which I got for my Seiko 6105-8000 and made him back original and water proof to 150m :) - amazing for a watch from 70's. Back to the point - they did it in two weeks and it is really nasty work. Doing the revision could be faster, if they have all the spare parts of cause... I think if you explain them your situation and ask them, they might do it fast.
    Otherwise I have another excellent watchmaker in Munich, however I had to wait quite a long time to do the revision of my Speedy 145022-69. Here the address, just in case or if you might need also a restaurateur - http://www.fritschwerk.de/werkstatt/

Good luck with your beauties :)

10. Jeremyboukaia Jan 1, 2018

Speedy thank you for all the help. It’s hard finding people that will do the work right the first time and to the quality you want. One more question how good is there English?? My wife and son are German but they fly that day. I found out that my good German is not so good when talking about watches!!

11. MG-Speedy Jan 1, 2018

You are welcome. It was not easy for me to find good ones. That's why I decide to do the courses with both of them to see how they work and how is their shop. I did before really bad experience with one official one of Seiko. He trashed the original crown of the above mentioned 6105 and put me on one which had nothing to with this model, with the excuse, there is no genuine replace pieces available anymore for that model. Hard to say about their english, since I talked german with them, but I would guess that the Mr. Morgenstern jr. speaks english. The same I would guess for Mr. Fritsch, since he did the restaurateur school in La Chaux-de-Fonds in Switzerland, where the people come from all around the world. But just a guess...

An option for your omega could also be the Omega Boutique in Munich - They normally take 6 weeks or less (if the work is done in Pforzheim and not in Switzerland), however there is always a risk that they will change your original crown and hands (in that case you get these parts back in the bag). However you get two years of warranty and you can be sure that the work will be done in the time frame above, since they have all the parts on stock ..

12. Jeremyboukaia Jan 1, 2018

I have been to the omega store ( loved it) but the lady had no clue. I had asked if I could get band parts! I needed a extra link:)! eBay uk got me sorted on that one. I don’t like the idea of my vintage parts getting replaced. And I know going with them I would prob get charged a arm and a leg! I will go with your 1st choice! My omega looks like I won’t need much work.
    One question with my 1968 de ville am I able to change the date with the dial? Or to set the date do I have to advance the time to go through the days to get to the right date?! Both omegas I own dose not have dates. I would like to know if I would have to get this function repaired??

13. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 1, 2018

We do not know which movement you have. Some of the later ones (what I think you have) have a feature where you pull the crown all the way out and it advances the date.

http://www.old-omegas.com/752.html

Otherwise, you can move the hands from midnight back to 8pm and advance again to change the date.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

14. MG-Speedy Jan 2, 2018

15. Jeremyboukaia Jan 2, 2018

Case back numbers are 166033-tool-106
    I tryed pulling to 3rd position and the watch feels like there is no third position?? I don’t want to brake it or pull it out so I will send it in.

16. mr_yossarian Jan 2, 2018

I can only confirm what MG-Speedy recommended, in order of appearance :).
    I worked & lived in Munich from January to July and the watchmakers he pointed out are what you should go for.