Forums Latest Members

Happy first OFaversary to me!! (AKA thanks to all)

1. Jking something intelligent and witty... May 27, 2017

So I just realized that today is my one year anniversary of joining OF! I stumbled upon this oasis while hunting for my first "real" watch and saw a listing by @Kringkily that caught my eye. So I did the real noob thing and signed up and attempted to respond to his listing...only to not be able to do so as I was obviously well below 200 posts. Did I read the stickies? Hell no!! I just sent a message to the mods asking why I couldn't respond to the FS listing (btw I'm still waiting on that response)! Then it dawned on me if I could message the mods I could probably message the seller ::facepalm2::. I sent my message and shortly thereafter was the proud owner of my 2503.80 (Btw can't recommend George enough to anyone looking to buy). Love that watch!! That started me down the road of this crazy watch obsession and now I guess I'm a lifer. While not as prolific as some newer members (looking at you @Jwit lol) I've written about 300 posts, learned quite a bit from reading thousands of others, laughed at some of the crazy stuff we post here at times, found an awesome podcast to listen to (congrats again @tyrantlizardrex) and just in general I have immensely enjoyed my time here on OF. For old times sake here is a link to my first thread that I waited an entire 4 days to post!! I did learn quite a bit from that one...heck I think I may dig back in to some of those links now! Anyway I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making this forum what it is...the best watch forum on the net!

https://omegaforums.net/threads/good-resources-for-a-newbie-to-learn.40899

Edited May 27, 2017
    ahartfie, Archer, Uniqez and 8 others like this.