Forums Latest Members

Hands on with the Oris Dexter Gordon LE

1. tyrantlizardrex May 11, 2018

Morning OF,

I had the great pleasure of hanging out, drinking beer, and listening to Jazz last week, as a guest of Oris at the Jazz FM awards.

Being (relatively) small and friendly, they kindly loaned me their most recent Jazz watch, the Dexter Gordon, to play with.

IMG_3305.JPG

Hopefully my rambling thoughts help out anyone who is/was considering one of these.

Cheers

Chris

If you had asked me when I started Time 4A Pint, where I thought it would take me, my answer would probably have been “to the pub”.

It most definitely would not have been "to the Jazz FM Awards".

And yet, on International Jazz Day 2018, that’s exactly where I found myself, sipping a few cold beers (of course), and listening to some top notch performances from the best in the world of modern Jazz, courtesy of the lovely folk at Oris Watches.

For those that are more familiar with Oris’ diving, aviation, and motorsport pieces, it may come as a surprise to learn that there’s a musical undercurrent at the Holstein based brand, or that there's any connection between Jazz and watches, however Oris’ relationship with the Jazz community goes all the way back to 1996. A year that saw them sponsor the London Jazz Festival, and produce the first in their long running series of watches that honour Jazz musicians, the Andy Sheppard pointer date (LE of 350).

Read More

Taddyangle likes this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 11, 2018

You're making me feel old, son...

3. tyrantlizardrex May 11, 2018

I have bad news Tony, we're all getting older.

1996 was 22 years ago. :eek: