Half Golfball Seamaster

Posts
558
Likes
2,681
Hello friends, today I came by this one in very rough condition, but I'm not sure about the originality of the dial. I'm seeking for your advice. Thank you!
 
Posts
558
Likes
2,681
Thank you Matt, the description says the watch doesn't wind correctly, the crown cannot be turned. Only got these 3 photos. Asking $400.
 
Posts
1,306
Likes
5,825
Yes, legit and rare (even rarer without lume). Always like sharing mine

 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
Thank you Matt, the description says the watch doesn't wind correctly, the crown cannot be turned. Only got these 3 photos. Asking $400.

I’d buy it if I had the offer - but then, I’m not the most objective when it comes to 2577s. 😁

Worst comes to worst, a spare cal 354 can be found for 200-300$, plus a service.
 
Posts
1,306
Likes
5,825
I was going to write the same thing. I'd buy it for $400 even at the risk that the entire movement needs replacing. The dial condition isn't great, but perhaps it can be gently cleaned.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,377
The dial would give me pause, but at $400 for one of these, it's hard to go wrong.
 
Posts
558
Likes
2,681
I think I'll take the bet. Just want to see to what extend can the dial be cleaned. Thank everyone for your input.
 
Posts
558
Likes
2,681
Just an update, I bought this watch last week for $360(according to current forex rate). I asked the seller to send it directly to my trusted watchmaker in China, who is also an Omega collector. I will update once it is back from servicing.
 
Posts
558
Likes
2,681
My watchmaker updated me today. The result actually is over my expectation.