Hairline scratch on brand new seamaster

Hello everybody,
I picked up a week ago from an omega boutique a brand new seamaster diver. The bracelet was sized to my wrist but I wasn’t watching the whole process.
2 days later I noticed the hairline scratch all the way from 7 o’clock to 9 o’clock position. It’s only visible if a bright light hits just right. (Photos attached)
What is you guys’ opinion. Could this be a factory defect, or maybe the boutique scratched it during bracelet sizing? Or could this be a result of 2 days of wearing? I didn’t bang it anywhere. Anybody had a similar problem? What would be the best course of action? Thanks everyone in advance!

Looks more like the top AR coating is scratched.

I think it would be pretty hard to prove that the boutique did it when they were sizing the bracelet and also that it's a manufacturing defect now that you are a week out from getting it. Also you'd be amazed the marks a watch can get once you start wearing it, I have a lovely gouge on the bezel of a Grand Seiko i own and I have no clue how it got there. My earlier generation seamster from 2016 looks like it's been through a war. I think you just have to suck it up, it will be the first of many scratches it will get if you wear it regularly, you'll soon relax and it will just be the wear and tear it picks up over it's lifetime with you.

One of the disadvantages of external AR coatings. It won't be the last.

The AR coating on the exterior of the crystal is a double edged sword. It does greatly improve the clarity of the crystal and view of the dial, but it can scratch. Once scratches occur, the only options for getting rid of them are to either remove the AR coating entirely or replace the crystal. 🙁

You have had the watch for 2 days. You can't prove they did it. As you wear the watch, you hit things you dont even notice. You'll be aight, its a watch, it'll get scratched up.

It's like buying a car and a damn rock hits it. Hurts but that's just part of owning things..

@wowozange36 unfortunately these exterior AR coatings are much, much less hard than sapphire. It's at least just as likely that you incidentally caused this when wiping off the watch or setting it somewhere (silica in dust is common enough that a small piece on a cloth or tabletop may have done this if it dragged across the crystal). If you have wiped your watch down- something to consider is the use of a clean microfiber specifically for that purpose and away from dust. Personally, I use a t-shirt and don't worry about it but I do know some people that have accidentally scratched their watches when a piece of fine grit was in a rag that had been laying about, and worn t-shirts definitely pick up all sorts of things from the environment. Not saying this happened in your case, just something to keep in mind.

The most likely result of taking this back to Omega is that if they took care of it for you, they'd send it in for a warranty repair, in which case you'd be without your watch for months. And it would be a catch-22 situation - because at some point when you got it back the top AR coating would get scratched again.

If it were me, I'd just ignore it or remove the entire AR coat from the crystal.

Just one scratch 🤪

IMG_7830.jpeg

Do you have kids? If so, contributing factors.

It’s only visible if a bright light hits just right. (Photos attached)

You may not like the answer but...just deal with it.
I know it sucks. But life goes on and you'll eventually forget about it as it blends in to all the other scratches that will inevitably happen

I tell you what, why don’t you loan it to me for a while…… I’ll warrant that once you get it back you won’t even notice that scratch…..as it will look something like this fine example!
IMG_2658.jpeg

You just need more scratches to make it uniform.

Jokes aside, the first scratch is the hardest. In a week from now, you'll forget about it.
Edited:

Don’t worry about it. Mine had some scratches too, new from the boutique.

It’ll be all scratched up in no time.

If you are nearby your OB, it doesn't hurt to take it in and ask. The worst thing that will happen is they will turn you away. Perhaps you have a great relationship with them? For me, I would go in...