Forums Latest Members
  1. MakeTime Oct 13, 2013

I recently rediscovered a watch that family member had give me a couple of years ago.

I have the following questions:

• Is it indeed a CK 2913?
    • Is it possible to identify the year, w/out opening the watch back?
    • The watch band size at the lugs appears to be 19mm; is that correct?
    It is running pretty well. At first it was losing a minute or two per night, after four days it appears to be staying caught up
    • I was going to wear this in the shower after I swap out the band. I believe it had been unused for some years. Do you recommend that I get the rear case seal, crown, and lens inspected to ensure that it doesn't leak?
    • Is a certified Omega repair person required for such an inspection?
    • Are these vintage watches sensitive to extreme temperature? e.g. pulling a pizza out of an oven
    Please see the pictures below. Thanks.

20131013_115130.jpg 20131013_115226.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 13, 2013

Others will chime in shortly about what exactly you have, not my area of specialty here, but ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WEAR THIS IN THE SHOWER!!!

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 13, 2013

I agree - do not shower or expose the watch to any moisture until it has been looked at. It needs to be pressure tested to see if it has any water resistance - likely not at this point.

Although any watchmaker with the proper equipment can do the testing, if it needs parts someone with an Omega account would be best.

Cheers, Al

PS - I never really understood the desire to shower with a watch on...it just results in the watch/bracelet getting gummed up with soap scum...

4. flame Speedmaster Neil Oct 13, 2013

Hi

Looks like a 14755 rather than a 2913 with that caseback....both are 19mm straight luggers.

Best - Neil

5. sohail Oct 13, 2013

Looks like 14755 , nice piece

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Oct 13, 2013

Agreed 14755 with that caseback. And don't wear in the shower under any circumstance even after you have it serviced and are told it is "waterproof."

7. MakeTime Oct 13, 2013

all, thanks for the feedback, it is NOT going in the shower :)