Forums Latest Members
  1. nygiants Mar 27, 2017

I have a 2016 GSOTM ....I usually wear it for occasions but recently put it on.I have had the unsatisfactory feeling of winding the crown...Does the crown stop winding.My watch is keeping great time and I am able to change positions but the winding mechanism seems to irk me...Please if you own let me know how about your crown feels...

2. shutterlife Mar 27, 2017

It's an automatic movement. It won't stop winding. But if you listen closely, you will hear a ticking sound when it's fully wound.

3. nygiants Mar 27, 2017

It won't stop winding so it shouldn't be fully wound right ?

4. stockae92 Mar 27, 2017

There is a clutch in the winding system that, even if its fully wound, you can continue to turn the crown.

This is what I usually do to automatic watches when setting them, I would wind them maybe 15 turns by hand so they have some decent PR, then just wear it and let the rotor do the rest of the work. :)

5. WatchWarlock Mar 27, 2017

I rotate a lot of my watches and don't use a winder so I get how some automatics feel "weird" when you wind it. But as stated above, no fear in overwinding unless you feel some sort of resistance or irregular grinding.

6. nygiants Mar 28, 2017

I use my winder ...I just was a little apprehensive after not able to wind my crown tight..It seems just contin i iusly

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 28, 2017

How does it compare to your BLNR?

marcn likes this.
  8. nygiants Mar 28, 2017

I actually love the feel and wearing the GSOTM...I guess the lighter feel of ceramic and don't have to worry about scratches as everything is ceramic including buckle...But I use the BLNR whenever for occasions...Love the movement and look of my rolex but the bracelet is so scratch loving....

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 28, 2017

Let's try again.
    How does the WINDING compare?
    (I thought that went without saying, given this thread is about winding)

10. nygiants Mar 28, 2017

I feel the rolex winding is crisp....Winding I have not had issues with the BLNR...GSOTM just feels makes the winding not satisfactory...Don't know if u feel about that

11. Traveler Mar 28, 2017