Forums Latest Members

SOLD Gruen Curvex Majesty 52mm - Photos Added and Reduced

1. ncstate1201 Jul 10, 2021

Up for sale a Gruen Curvex Majesty. For those who may not know, this is the one to get, it is the more desirable 52mm lug to lug, but of course with the massive curves it can fit a smaller wrist (my wrist typically only takes a watch with 50mm lug to lug max, but this one fits well).

To my knowledge... I had the crystal replaced and sourced a NOS acrylic version. It came with a replacement in it when I got it and someone did a poor job with the glue, so there was some excess on the case around the crystal, which is why I had it very lightly buffed off, the glue would not come off any other way. To my knowledge it has not been polished outside of the light buffing it received to remove the glue and this one is unmolested. Service history is unknown, though it is running and keeping time.

Many of these were engraved on the back with initials, this one has a clean case back. Also like many watches from this era the dials were often refinished (many times they said Swiss instead of Switzerland like this beauty).

Looking to sell for $2400 SOLD SOLD SOLD via PayPal'd and shipped in the CONUS. I am willing to ship elsewhere, but we would need to discuss that. I have plenty of references and go by the same user name on the other boards as well.

GC Front Diagonal.JPG 52mm Gruen Curvex Majesty.JPG Back.JPG GC Croc.JPG GC Dial 2.JPG GC Dial.JPG GC Front Hand 2.JPG GC Front Hand.JPG GC Hallmark.JPG GC Side.JPG GC Switzerland Dial.JPG
    Edited Jul 26, 2021
  2. ncstate1201 Jul 12, 2021

Adding another shot... took this one on my phone... I realize my photography isn't that great, but this watch is truly better in the metal

Gruen Curvex Phone Shot.jpg
  3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 12, 2021

Please note that Gruen Curvex watches were not introduced until 1935 and these long rectangular models were popular from that time until the start of WWII in the US (1941).

More information here.
    http://www.pixelp.com/gruen/1929.html

A picture of the movement would help to more accurately date the watch, but it is not from the 1920’s.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

ncstate1201, reficul_x and TexOmega like this.
  4. ncstate1201 Jul 12, 2021

Thanks @gatorcpa this is truly helpful, I do appreciate the additional info and will update the listing accordingly. It appears as though I may have been getting this info from a faulty source.

Further research I THINK shows this is the late 30s early 40s. Per previous user comment, I have removed date from title above.

adding photos...

Gruen Dial.jpg Gruen Inside Caseback.jpg Gruen Movement.jpg
    Edited Jul 14, 2021
  5. ncstate1201 Jul 14, 2021

Reduced to $2300 chasing another. SOLD SOLD SOLD

Edited Jul 26, 2021
  6. ncstate1201 Jul 26, 2021

Sold elsewhere thank you OF for the space